puter problems - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2000, 05:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

puter problems

A friend of mine has a 1991 Geo Tracker, with an automatic. His computer has quit working, and he can't afford a new or rebuilt one,and is afraid of buying a used one.I was wondering what all the computer controlls other than the injection? Does it controll the automatic transmission and if so what exactly on the tranny does it control and can this be bypassed if he switches to a carb and trashes the computer? Thanks for any and all help, Travi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2000, 08:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: puter problems

It could be bad spark plug wires that is causing a miss fire in one cylinder. If the auto transmission has a lockup torque converter the miss will make the transmission go out of lock up and make you think it is a transmission problem.

A transmission shop is glad to do a test drive often for no charge and tell you what they think.

I think everybody should buy a factory service manual for every car they own. Great reading with nice trouble shooting charts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode