thorley header - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 02:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thorley header

does the thorley header have the O2 sensor hole. also what size pipe is the header i plan on running 2" exhaust the whole way back and am trying to get some ideas. Also does anyone know where I can get a hi flow cat, hi flow muffler, and some flex pipe. Glen if you read this I will probably be calling you on friday or so. TIA mike

Samurai Guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 05:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: thorley header

I'm not totally positive on this, but, I'm pretty sure the Thorley has an o2 sensor hole as it is 50 state legal.
2inch or 2 and a quarter inch exhaust should be good with the header. You can get a high flow cat from Summit racing or any local auto store that carries racing stuff (being in central north carolina we have a lot of race shops around), same goes for a high flow muffler, flex pipe can be had at any auot parts store. One note on the flex pipe, I've heard from some people that have negative effects with the flex pipe rotting out or tearing. Don't know for sure if that's a big prob as I have never used it personally.
Good Luck

Mike Schramm
88 Sammy in the garage
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 07:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Thorley does have the O2 sensor hole. However, you'll find most header have it as well. The Thorley is the only smog legal header out there though if you have emissions controls in your area. Its also the best in terms of design, durability, and performance as well.

A 2" exhaust works perfect with the Thorley. We recommend and install this combination on all customer's vehicles. You'll never find anyone bitching about the Thorley after the purchase. The story is different for alot of other headers out there. it is also the only header that correctly fits the 1.6 engine swap if you ever decide to go this route one day.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 03:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

all right I'll ask at local part stores and see what they say about flex pipe and what muffler and cat to go with thanks for the input...mike

Samurai Guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode