bolts size &special edition - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 02:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

bolts size &special edition

my first question is what size bolts to use to bolt the flywheel to the crank and what size bolts to bolt the tranny to the engine? the tranny and flywheel were removed from my rig when i bought it. and the bolts are missing?
also the side samurai logo on my rig has "special edition" what does that mean exactly. i dont have a tach, i do have the wiper delay, and really there seem to be no other toys?
thanks
sc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 02:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: bolts size &special edition

The bolts for your flywheel are specialy designed for that application,they look different than any other bolts on the sammy.I'll look today and see if I have any laying around to measure,but their short and stubby with a big head on them.I've seen other bolts used that were not designed and they havent failed yet but its alot of work and lost time if they do.Where I'm at most of the parts I buy are from the dealership,it sounds strange but they are usually cheaper on most parts than anyone else,and they can get those hard to find parts.I dont know but its a possibility that the 1.6 fly wheel bolts are the same.its easier to find 1.6 engines in the junkyards than 1.3 in louisiana.let me know if I can help.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 12:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I think the Special Edition came with better seats and trim panels, not sure what else. I think all Samuaris have delay wipers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 05:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The special edition I believe came with split rear fold down seats. Maybe some cool other stuff from the dealer like brush guards. I can't remember what all the stuff is that made it diff't, but I do remember it came with a few cool things not on a regular sammy. First time someone mentioned it I was pretty sure it was just a decal. I believe the wiper delay is on all sammies too.
Does yours have inclometers or altimeter things in it?
Later

Mike Schramm
88 Sammy in the garage
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 08:20 PM

Every special edition Samurai I have seen was dark grey with light grey rims(stock). The striping was light grey and red. The door panels and the seats also had the same color scheme. The seats were the JX style and the rear seat was the split type. I also think that the bumpers were painted grey. The factory top was also light grey with a slight tint to the plastic windows.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 02:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well the rear seat isnt split, the old top does have some sort of tint to it. it is painted gray, the bumpers are black, i really dont see anything "special edition" to it though. someone may have just decided to put the special edition on it. the seats have adjustable head rest. they look like they would have been pretty comfy when new. the pen stripes are blue.
any one got any infor on the bolts?
thanks
sc

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Auto dealers sometimes put stickers on vehicles like "special edition" or "off-road" because many unsuspecting buyers think they're getting something special. The people who buy these vehicles brand-new from the dealer are usually the ones who pay full price. Kinda like "Z-71" on Chevy/GMC trucks. All it is is gas shocks and maybe stronger torsion bars up front. All I know is that of the last four chevy trucks I've owned, two were Z-71 and two weren't and I really can't tell any difference in the ride.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode