tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2000, 10:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

tires

will it hurt a zuk if you run 2 different size tires like 31 12.50's in the rear and 30 11.50s in the front?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2000, 10:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: tires

It's not a good idea because your axles will not spin at the same rpm because of the difference in tire size. This will cause binding in the drivetrain if you come across a hard surface like a road or rock slab (especially if you run lockers). It's best to keep all four the same and check the tire pressure often to make sure it's the same also. HTH.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2000, 06:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok thanx, well then i guess i wont be runnin the 31's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2000, 11:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You'll find a 31" tire of one make/model can sometimes be the same as a 30" of another. If they're the same actualy O.D., you are okay.

If they are not the same actual O.D (forget what's printed on the side of the tire), then you will destroy your drivetrain by driving it in 4WD and two different sized tires.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2000, 10:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glens right not all tires are created equal,I ran 35"x14.00 on the rear while I was looking for 2 more for the front but the whole time I had 33" 12.50 on the front dogged my sammy constant never had any problems.But be very careful when you change the tire size you will actually change the gear ratio if you have different ratios at the ends somethings going to give in the center.For kicks carry around a tape measure the next time everybodys riding.Measure all the tires you see for ex. 32" x9.50 are just as tall as 33"x12.50 but cost less,just because the tire size states one thing check it out different manufactures also vary in height.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode