HELP,911,SOS,PLEASE,1300 HEAD ON 1600 BLOCK - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2000, 10:34 AM
zukikid

HELP,911,SOS,PLEASE,1300 HEAD ON 1600 BLOCK

zukikid here ,o.k. here goes ...you might recall that i WAS going to go spoa and rebuild my 1300 head with torqer cam and header well...
it seems i have developed a rod knocking in my engine so i decided to put the $ where it counts.ipulled a 1600 block out of a 89 tracker that got munched and sence the head of the 1600 was in scary condition and i just replaced my fuel pump on my 1300 head i wanted to use that.
well heres the ?'s:
1)well the 1300's stock carberator still power 1600 block ok?money is a problem so i can't afford a weber or i would go that route.
2)timing belt,i allready have the timing belt for the 1300 block ,can i still use it on the 1300 head/1600 block combo?the belt is brand new.
3)timing gears ,the tracker engine i bought for $150 the cam timing gear was smashed due to the wreck that took it out.can i use the 1300's cam gear instead or should i buy a new 1600 timing gear?if i can use the 1300"s cam timing gear do ineed to use the 1300"s cranks timing gear?
4)on the oil pan i know i can use the 1300's oilpan on the 1600 block ,but do i still use the 1300 oil pan gasket,due to the fact that the 1600 oil pan does not use a gasket.
there it is please feel free to to tell me any thhing i might (probably did)forget.i ordered the 1600 swap kit from glen at r.r.o and i know he has done the 1300 head on the 1600 block before. i had him on the phone and was going to pick his brain but he has a business to run and people to order parts that i'm shure were trying to get though to order, so i tried not to take up his time.
but if glenn is reading this, heres the chance to help 1 of your costomers:-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2000, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: HELP,911,SOS,PLEASE,1300 HEAD ON 1600 BLOCK

>1)well the 1300's stock carberator still power 1600 block ok?money is a >problem so i can't afford a weber or i would go that route.

The 1.3 carb will drive the 1.6 engine fine. We've dne swaps this way before with good results.

>2)timing belt,i allready have the timing belt for the 1300 block ,can i still >use it on the 1300 head/1600 block combo?the belt is brand new.

Cannot use the timing belt on the 1.6 engine. The 1.6 is about an inch taller and you'll find the 1.3 timing belt way too short. You'll need to get the 1.6 belt. Make sure its for the 8 valve engine.

>3)timing gears ,the tracker engine i bought for $150 the cam timing gear was >smashed due to the wreck that took it out.can i use the 1300's cam gear >instead or should i buy a new 1600 timing gear?

Get the 1.6 cam timing gear. You'll find that you will have to get the 1.6 belt. For some reason, its been my experience that the teeth off the 1.3 pulley do not properly align with the teeth on that belt. I"ve had to go with the 1.6 cam pulley in the past as a result.

>4)on the oil pan i know i can use the 1300's oilpan on the 1600 block ,but do >i still use the 1300 oil pan gasket,due to the fact that the 1600 oil pan does >not use a gasket.

The basic outline of the pans is the same. I usually just use RTV though and forget any pre-made gaskets.

>shure were trying to get though to order, so i tried not to take up his time.
>but if glenn is reading this, heres the chance to help 1 of your costomers:-)

No problem. A vendor is pretty worthless if they won't take the time to share experiences. That's why I participate in these bulletin boards and email lists. The 'Zuk community' is more important to me than just making a buck.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode