reverse light switch - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2000, 12:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

reverse light switch

Need one with wiring harness- will pay $$$ (or bank notes from Ghana that I have left over from a work trip there from a few years ago)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2000, 01:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: reverse light switch

Mine's stuffed too! Is there a high failure rate on this switch for Samurais?
I'm not too worried though- I never turn back once I've decided which way I'm going :-}

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2000, 03:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 91' with about 107K on it, and my reverse switch developed a short about 6 months ago (I haven't corrected it yet) My problem was that it shared a fuse with something more important (the turn signals if I remember correctly). I disconnected the switch at it's connection under the hood. I think I remember it being in the middle of the firewall up high.

I'll take the thing out when I replace the engine and see If I can make it work, or break-down and do the dealer thing.

good luck, and I'll keep watching the thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2000, 10:08 PM

I bought a replacement reverse light switch from NAPA. It was made better than the original. On the OEM switch the wiring had rubbed through where the switch threaded in to the transmission. The replacement switch was made so the wires couldn't rub on each other as easily where they went into the switch.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2000, 03:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i just connected the wires to the back-up lights with a hot wire i found under the dash and connected them through a toggle switch that i mounted on the dash, left of the steering wheel. The dimmer switch for the dash lights are also down there and a little red light bulb that hasn't worked since i've owned my sammy. Anybody know what that little red light bulb is supposed to be? Anyway the toggle switch has worked well for me especially if you want to see to put something in the back of your sammy at night you can turn the lights on, just don't forget to turn them off before heading down the road - could cause ya to see some blue lights back there :*)
NO_flyZONE

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 12:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do you have the time to send an email to [email protected] with a step by step outline of what you did? I have not had much luck understanding the wiring diagram in the past so need some help.

Thanks

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 12:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How much did you pay?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2000, 01:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Petroworks has new ones for 15 or 16 bucks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode