Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   reverse light switch (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/15905-reverse-light-switch.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 01-13-2000 12:22 PM

reverse light switch

Need one with wiring harness- will pay $$$ (or bank notes from Ghana that I have left over from a work trip there from a few years ago)

**DONOTDELETE** 01-13-2000 01:23 PM

Re: reverse light switch

Mine's stuffed too! Is there a high failure rate on this switch for Samurais?
I'm not too worried though- I never turn back once I've decided which way I'm going :-}

**DONOTDELETE** 01-13-2000 03:01 PM

I have a 91' with about 107K on it, and my reverse switch developed a short about 6 months ago (I haven't corrected it yet) My problem was that it shared a fuse with something more important (the turn signals if I remember correctly). I disconnected the switch at it's connection under the hood. I think I remember it being in the middle of the firewall up high.

I'll take the thing out when I replace the engine and see If I can make it work, or break-down and do the dealer thing.

good luck, and I'll keep watching the thread

88.5 Samurai 01-13-2000 10:08 PM

I bought a replacement reverse light switch from NAPA. It was made better than the original. On the OEM switch the wiring had rubbed through where the switch threaded in to the transmission. The replacement switch was made so the wires couldn't rub on each other as easily where they went into the switch.

**DONOTDELETE** 01-14-2000 03:02 PM

i just connected the wires to the back-up lights with a hot wire i found under the dash and connected them through a toggle switch that i mounted on the dash, left of the steering wheel. The dimmer switch for the dash lights are also down there and a little red light bulb that hasn't worked since i've owned my sammy. Anybody know what that little red light bulb is supposed to be? Anyway the toggle switch has worked well for me especially if you want to see to put something in the back of your sammy at night you can turn the lights on, just don't forget to turn them off before heading down the road - could cause ya to see some blue lights back there :*)
NO_flyZONE

**DONOTDELETE** 01-18-2000 12:11 PM

Do you have the time to send an email to [email protected] with a step by step outline of what you did? I have not had much luck understanding the wiring diagram in the past so need some help.

Thanks

**DONOTDELETE** 01-18-2000 12:11 PM

How much did you pay?

**DONOTDELETE** 01-20-2000 01:55 PM

Petroworks has new ones for 15 or 16 bucks.