Dyff. Lockers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2000, 07:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dyff. Lockers

I am thinking of buying a Locker for my Samurai, I know how Arb lockers work but I also know how much they cost(besides shipping to Portugal). So I am highly interested in buying a EZ-Locker or LockRight Lockers, but I don't understand how these automatic lockers work. How can I be sure they lock when i need them ? If I am doing a hard hill climb will the car at the right time ?
I have read that they do some noises on curves when trying to lock, Here in Madeira Island (very mountainous without highways) we have many hard turns on-road, will the lockers lock when i don't need them to ? If they do Lock in a curve at some considerable speed will it brake something ?

Last but not least, how hard it is to mount them in the axle compared for example to installing a rockcrawler gear kit ????

THanks for your help

Rui Freitas
Madeira Island
PORTUGAL

Rui Alberto Sá Freitas
Livramento de Cima
9125 Caniço

Ilha da Madeira
PORTUGAL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2000, 01:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Dyff. Lockers

"Representative" price link for Samurai locker(s) - http://www.petroworks.com/products/dif15xx.htm. "Representative" install/operation for locker link (not Suzuki specific) - http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/detroit/. Hope these shed a little light for you.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2000, 03:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Dyff. Lockers

You should not have any problems with a rear locker using stock size tires.
With tires larger than 31 inches you can break things even without a locker.
With front locker install the rings to strengthen CV joint in the steering knuckle.
Front lockers give steering problems and make you want power steering.
Install a twin lever shifter for the transfer case enables you to shift into 2 low for corners.

Lockers can cause real traction problems when driving on highway Ice and snow causing
both wheels on axle to break traction easier. Don't see that in you web site but rain on coral
pavement comes close but don't know if that applies..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode