Samuri for $200 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2000, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Samuri for $200

I have the opportunity to buy a Samuri of unknown vintage (looks like an 80s model) for $200. It runs and drives pretty well and the body is beat up-but still there (mostly)! The owner uses it in a junkyard to push cars around into position....

What do you think? I'm looking for a cheap beater mud machine. I've seen pictures of Samuris with 38.5" tires...but HOW did they do that with such a short wheelbase vehichle? Also how does the anemic 1.3L 4-cylinder do it? Can the axles take it?

I have a Jeep I'm turning into a rock crawler, and I just located an FJ-40 for cheap that I was thinking about making into a baja-style truck, so working on trucks is nothing new.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2000, 01:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Samuri for $200

Hello,
It sounds to me like you have too many projects to be messing with a beat-up old Samurai. Please forward the info on where it is to [email protected] & I will take care of the nusiance this truck is causing you.

Regards,
Tim Justice

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2000, 02:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can take it off both of tour hands. I would buy it for that price. The sammis with the 38's have bigger axles,and bigger engines. There is so much aftermaket for Samurais that it would not be too hard to fix it up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2000, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

If anybody wants it more than me your welcome to it. I live in Bradenton, FL. A little while ago I also found a Sami in A&A Salvage yard. Last time I saw it though someone had gutted the engine bay, but the axles and rest are still there....

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2000, 09:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sycho15:
I live near-by in Melbourne Florida. Please E-mail me with more information on how I can get that Samari. We own a small piece of property, and that would be perfect for us to get back and forth on it. My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks, Medic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode