spray in bed liner - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2000, 01:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

spray in bed liner

i just ripped out my trashed carpet, and was preparing to patch some rust spots in the floor. i am planning on getting a bed liner sprayed in the floor. i havent decided on doit my self herculiner or have it done (rinoliner). the only thing is there are several spots in the floor and rear bed that have surface rust. there is some pitting also. i am going to remove all the rust i can, but i think i need something to stop the rust. i was thinking about por 15 or something. will the bed liner stick to por 15 or not.

sc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2000, 09:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: spray in bed liner

Scuff it with coarse sandpaper & the liner should stick to it w/ no problem after it's cured well. BTW, my bro-in-law just coated the tub of his Sam with Herculiner & it looks great. Less expensive, too.

TJ

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2000, 09:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have POR 15 on my vehicle. You should be able to put your Herculiner right over it. If there are holes though you may want to consider picking up a Bondo kit to add some surface back to your floor.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2000, 08:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Spray-on Bedliner??? You may want to check out Line-X. If you are set on herculiner here's a helpful hints.

1) Thouroughly scuff the inside of you vehicle. When you are done roughing it up, blow out or vacuum out as much of the dust as you can.

2) After cleaning up the dust make sure that you wipe it down with some alochol. De-Natured alcohol works great and can be picked up at home improvement or paint stores. Home Depot carries it.

3) Put some lithium grease inside the holes where you seats and interior parts bolt in , make sure that there is none left over on the area to be covered or it will not stick. This makes it alot easier to reinstall the bolts when done.

4) If you are patching holes in your floor use a polyurethane product such as windshield caulking. It sets up hard and the liner material will adhere to it. Don't use any water based fillers or caulking.

5) If you get any material on areas that you didn't mean to, use the de-natured alcohol to remove it, and any residue.

I sprayed the inside of my Zook. Those little plastic snaps that held your old carpet in are easily removed by tapping the center with a punch. This pushes the locking pin through and then you can remove the snap with plyers. Plug the holes before you coat it, smooth the caulking out, and when you're done, you'll never know that they were there.

Good luck and keep us advised as to how you come out.

Sherp

PS I gotta get a plug in, check out line-xcorp.com for a dealer in your area.

It's A Samurai... Get Over It!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2000, 07:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dude
Does it stick ?
3 weeks ago I Durabak/Protectacoted my LJ interior
Last night I picked the last patch of off my forearm & yes I wash every day !
I got it on the clothes - they're ruined
Sound proofs well
Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode