Reverse Shackle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 06:07 PM
Maniac

Reverse Shackle

There is another post dealing with the Reverse Shackle kit, but no one has anything to say about it... Does anyone have that setup and what do you think of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Aprentice

Re: Reverse Shackle

Ya, I know. With all these Samurai savvy people out there you would think there would be opinions or experiences to talk about.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

This board is relativly slow during the weekends. Everyone is working trying to get there rigs ready for the nice weather. Anyway I have 2 Zukes both with the bolt-on Calmini SR and think it is preety much perfect for how I use them and the amount of money I have. There is always some talk of bumpsteer and brake dive but they are minimal. PM me if you want more details. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Aprentice

I, as well as Zuknut have the YJ wrangler springs, so I'm looking between the Rocky-Road or Canyon State conversions.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 09:31 PM
WSB

I think I may go with a homebrew shackle reversal this spring with rear springs up front and extend the wheelbase a few inches. Right now I am just spring over with 1 1/2" Rancho springs. I am not happy with the Rancho springs, so I am going to use stock/hybrid rears spring packs up front. Probably going tube the front tie it all into the cage and frame, trim the fenders way back. Oh yeah back to the question...
I had a CJ7 prior to my owning this Sami. I ran a 4" lift with 35's and the thing wandered all over the place. I installed a reversal and the jeep went down the road nice and straight. No noticable brake dive that is suppose to be associated with a reversal. I noticed that what happens when lift spirngs are installed is the castor angle changes - usually to a increased negative angle allowing the steering to wander.
The reversal usually corrects the negative castor by slighty rotating the axle back to where it should be. Before I installed the reversal the castor angle was at zero degrees when it should have been around 6-7 degrees. I personally don't see the problem with them. This subject has been debated many times in this board in the past with many different views about the shackle reversal on a Samurai.
Like I said in my CJ7 it worked great, as far as the samurai I won't really know until I try it. If it dosen't work then I go with a coil setup.

Wayne
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 09:49 PM

while we r on the subject has anyone got any yj springs? i am chasing probably a couple of sets to be sent here to oz as there is a container leaving from cali in a couple of weeks.
thanks graeme [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 09:51 PM

i was also lookin at the rocky road jp eater kit.with the ott stage 2 steering, think its gonna work out cheaper and easier to run for what i need. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 09:58 PM

wouldn't buy from Rocky Road if I were you
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 10:12 PM

ive had no problem with rro in the past even shipping to oz.but lets not start another debate!.let em sort it out in iraq [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 11:21 PM
Aprentice

I understand where your coming from, just want a technical or past experience with reverse shackel and standard configuration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode