gm7127 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2003, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

gm7127

how many has done the chevy alternator mod? i done mine today and the alt checked out good had it checked before i left the store put it on my suzuki and it does nothing!!
it is just a single wire hook up to battery right? what needs to be done to the other wires that was on the stock alt.?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Re: gm7127

ok guys just a update on the 7127, i finally got it to charge i had to hook up the dummy light and a 12v ig. to excite it, which i thought wasnt needed according to write
up i read on it but who cares as long as its working, i got the 12v out going to the battery via a 30 amp circut breaker
the bottom bracket i welded up myself but i am really needing to order a proper bracket my welding really sux and it looks like $hit, any ideas where to get one?

thanks
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 10:31 PM

check this out
gm alt

they are real easy to make
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2003, 11:59 PM

depending on where you put the breaker you may be limiting the alternator to 30 amps max out put if the breaker is between the battery and the alternator and all/ most of your electronics are conected to the battery side of the breaker you have just limited the alternator to 30 amps if you put the load of lights ect on the alt side of the breaker then you havent limited your self if you have a winch then you will more than likely have alot of problems if it is hooked to the alt side it will blow the breaker because the alt cant put out enough amps by itself if you put it on the battery side the alt will jump to full output and kick the breaker i have a winch so i ran a heavy wire to the battery no fuse or breaker and put a breaker on all my wires coming off the battery except the starter and winch
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2003, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

what your saying is i need to put the breaker after the battery instead of before the battery? sounds like a better idea to me
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2003, 12:26 AM

i am putting the breaker between the battery and the electronics the alternator output runs straight to the battery i think i used 8 guage wire some say by doing like i have i can fry my battery but there isnt much for options if i want to be able to get full power out of my alternator i know with my kc and my heater and some other stuff going i pull over 30 amps because i kicked my breaker i now have 3 circuts coming off my battery a 30 all the factory stuff a 40 off road lights and another 40 aux out put ( I have a 12 600watt heater that conects to this as well as a rv water pump)my best guess is with everything on i pull around 70 amps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode