exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 02:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

exhaust

I am thinking of putting new exhaust on and would like to know any experiences with different tip of headers and exhaust setups others have, I am thinking of putting a Thorley header then 2" pipe to Dynamax superturbo. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 01:07 PM

Re: exhaust

Sounds good. Most people put the Thorley on then take the ZUK to a muffler shop and have them do the rest. Just be sure to use at least 2" pipes all the way back. For most states you will need a catalytic converter, which you can get a hi-flow cat from mail order or other exhaust places. Make sure they route your pipe out the side of the vehicle near the left rear spring hanger. That is to avoid fumes from coming in the back of your vehicle while driving. Also dont buy prefabbed/bent pipes cause they dont fit worth a crap.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 03:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What kind of cost are we talking about for 2 inch system complete with cat.?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I recently had a custom bent 2" 'cat-back' exhaust installed, turbo muffler I think, for $125. That included a chrome 3" tip, and I think they used aluminized pipe. This was done at McCoy's 4x4 in Grove City, Ohio. All the 'major' muffler shops either wouldn't do it or quoted me a price near $200 !! By the way they did an excellent job.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2000, 01:08 PM
SRN

The Thorley header is great. As for exhausts, best bet is to go for a custom setup. The one from Calmini hangs out too far (at least on Samis that arnt lifted way high) so you can catch it and tear it off. And this is bad, especially on a trail. Trust me! ;-)

<font color=blue>SRN
<font color=purple>'86 Samurai</font>
Its a Samurai thing. Dont ask!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 12:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I bought a set of hooker I think the largest I could get them in was 1 7/8" dia.I used 2 1/2" straight pipe to a knockoff perf muffler that ended right below the bed.It sounded awsome but choke the ever living hell out of you when riding without the top.I had to go ahead and extend all the way to the rear and have it turned out.It still sounds good and adds some power,but when it ended under the bed at a idle it was hard to tell that it wasnt a v8.Pretty cool at the red lights.My total cost was 145.00 for headers 15.00 muffler,35.00 to have the pieces welded up at the local shop.They would not do the whole job due to the law.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode