YJ suspension driveline binding at full droop - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

YJ suspension driveline binding at full droop

i just completed my Trail tough YJ missing links up front, SPOA lift on my 93 samurai. when i have the truck up on the rack with the suspension hanging, both my driveshafts bind and cant be turned. anyone else have this problem? how did you solve it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 09:38 PM

Re: YJ suspension driveline binding at full droop

You need to clearance your yokes. You will most likely ned to disassemble your shafts to do this but use a die grinder with a carbide burr and remove some of the material that the ear of the opposite yoke fits. You can also remove some material from the ears aswell.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Bean ther done that shimmed the rear with 4deg shims so mt pinion pointed at the t-case(ie ) trail only rig so vibes were not my concern although I didnt have any to speak of . the front I rotated up just a hair well that is just enough to keep my drag link from hitting the springs. one thing to remember is that on the trail that realy wont come in to play all that much its not often the entire suspension is just hanging when one tire down usually the other is up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 02:29 PM

are you shure it is the u joinst binding or is the front driveline hitting the tranny crossmember mine hit the crosmember till i put the 1 inch spacer on the t case then later i got a extended slip yoke (when i moved the front axle forward ) the yoke is larger in diameter than the stock one and i was warned about clearance issues but that was easily solved i put five 3/8 washers under the polly mounted long arm no vibes from doing this either
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

i'm sure its the ujoint binding, you can watch it hit when you try to rotate it. i still have about .5" clearance at the cross member. how did you all clearance your yokes? just grind it down until it clears?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode