1.3L EFI IDLE IS TOO HIGH? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 09:18 AM
pugrocker

1.3L EFI IDLE IS TOO HIGH?

I cannot seem to get my 1.3L to idle under 1,000 - 1,100 rpms - I have opened up the throttle adjustment as far out as it will go and it still is idling high - any suggestions?

TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 10:34 AM
mikrosilakhan

Re: 1.3L EFI IDLE IS TOO HIGH?

on the frontof the motor is alittle sensor with 2 vaccume lines going in it. Its supposed to be the high idle for electronics, was the only way i could get mine to idle down also to pul the 2 lines off and cap them off.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 12:47 PM
pugrocker

<<< Its supposed to be the high idle for electronics >>>

I wonder if my [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]GM Alt. is throwing that sensor off? I really do not want to disconnect any sensors though....I will look into into and see what happens. What did you do by the origin of those two lines - cap them off too? Does the motor bog down when you switch on electronics now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 01:28 PM
mikrosilakhan

motor bogged down like 50 rpms wich was fine with me. The sensor does nothing but control that hihg idle i know alot of guys have it disconnected. I just plugged the lines with 2 screws is all. Im not to fancy about these things [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 01:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My samurai is doing 1500RPM when it's hot, at cold start I'm at 1000... Anyone have a vaccum diagram or a solution for it?
So far, I have no more vaccum to the air bol (blocked), the green sensor is bypassed, the 2 intake vaccums are blocked, distributor vaccum still on it, and the other vaccums also.
My trottle screw is removed (lost it) so the iddle can't be less than that and the "choke" thing has no vaccum on it.
My samurai is a 1.3 Carb 1988, I run an electronic fuel pump with no gaz return (have to make one)

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Addict

How's the slack in your throttle cable?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 09:36 AM
pugrocker

There is slack in the throttle cable..... [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 10:41 AM
pugrocker

btt
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:50 AM
Keyboard Implanted

My tracker with the gm alt is fine, Idles right where it should (800) Is the timeing set right? Did you short the pins to time it? check for vac leaks.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 05:57 AM
uncleBill

PUG;
Lets assume that you checked the ECM for any fault codes.Sounds like you checked the obvious IE; too tight cable,timimg ect.
I had the same problem it turned out to be the cold start valve.EFI's equal to a choke.If your looking at the thottle body from the front on the left side you will see a small plate with three screws this is the acess cover spray some oil around here if RPM changes then the cover gasket is bad if still no change then you got to go in ,take the cover off{if your lucky they will not be corroded to the t-body} behind this you will see a button shaped plunger when the engine is cold it will be some what away from its seat,this is what gives you your higher RPM during warmup as the water temp rises this plunger comes out seating itself thus closing off that airway in which the engine is brought to warm idle speed.
What happened to me was the spring was weak so the valve would not seat all the way,causing mine to idle at around 1400-1600 RPM.I adjusted mine so the plunger was out more.{using a homemade spanner wrench} compensating for the weak spring so now warmup idle is only 1500-1600 RPM instead of the factory 2200 but hot she idles between 700-900.
Is this your problem I cant say for sure but is worth checking into if you have done everything else.
Hope this helps.
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode