update from my wreck on 7-26-02 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

update from my wreck on 7-26-02

first i love copy/paste
second i edited this from the other ins. post
just to let some know how i'm doing

INSURANCE COMPANIES DON'T GET BIG BUILDINGS FROM PAYING CLAIMS . They get it from screwing people. You have to have it or you don't legally drive it.

Now this is what happened to me. After the wreck I went to get an estimate. Monday morning I went to the dealer where they told me to go. After he hit 1800.00 he said he needed to stop. I asked him why? He said that the insurance company was going to total it out after 1700.00. I told him to finish I wanted to know. I left with an estimate at 3800.00 subject to go up after they got it on the rack due to the frame bent just a bit where the trailer hitch was mounted. By the way that's what saved most of my damage. He hit my frame.
Well they sent out their adjuster to compare and he said 800.00 to cheap fix it or he would total it. I told him the dealer quoted something different. He said take it back and they would do the work and send the bill to the insurance company. I said ok, off I went made the appointment dropped it off they called me back and said it was totaled. So the adjuster came out and wanted to give me 1100.00 and take the zuk. I told him he was crazy. I had just got finished putting in a 1.6 and a grs1 and the motor cost that much beside its self. Of course he said you gotta have a motor to run.
So 2 weeks went by fussing back and fourth. And I was coming home from work and I had a thud when I coasted to a stop. Every time I coasted thump, thump, thump. I thought I had dropped a piston. Checked the pressure it was good. Pulled the valve cover it was good. Then pulled the oil pan (always use right stuff) after 45 min. gave up I was tired called Sarge, he laughed at me. He said "HEY DIDN'T LEAK DID IT". Told me to cut it with a razor. The bottom checked out. So I thought it might had cracked the crank. Had the lil'wifey bump it. Checked the flywheel just a bit of movement. The next bump a lot. Then the next bump none. So I decided the tranny had to come out. While under there I found out I had an input shaft seal leaking on the t/case and looked back had fluid on the right rear axle. Found out that the axle tube was cracked the perched had ripped in the wreck. That's where I got the wobble from.
Called the insurance company they sent another adjuster out. He wrote it up as a cracked flywheel. And the axle as cracked they came back with it was totaled 2100.00. Once again I told him he was crazy. I said for 13,000.00 you could have it. So after talking about this for a couple more weeks. I had 2 offers for them they could purchase me another stock zuk and I would drop it off at a service station and they would pay to swap everything from mine to the new one then it would be fine. And they said I was crazy.
So here is the second thing I did. I spent 3 days checking the auto trader and izook classifieds and several samurai sites and e-bay I even made a post here asking what people had and what they would sale it for. I copied about 50 zuks with their set ups and the asking price. I had from stock 1500.00 to totally tricked out 34,000.00 the average cost was 7,500.00. Then I did an itemized spec sheet on mine believe it or not I came up with around 12,470.00. Boy did my wife get pissed then. So my offer was this if they wanted to give me stock money then I would give then a stock zuk or I would see them in court. She said it did not work that way. I told here that I did not ask her client to hit me and that I was the victim here. Then I asked her lets turn the tables just a bit. Say your client hit and totaled this guy's car. Now it was a Junker that he owed 300.00 to the local buy here pay here lot. And you just totaled it you want to give him 100.00. He only makes 17,000.00 a year income and he drives 45 min. one way to work. And he is married with 2 kids. The closest co-worker is 30min. away. How is he going to get to work and provide for his family? She said it's a cruel world but he would have to deal with it. And it is not even his fault.
So I told her now back to me I told here I would take 5000.00 and my vehicle. She called me back later with a better and final offer. She said she pulled all the strings she could. She offered me 3400.00 and I could buy it back for 300.00. Take it or leave it. So I said I would have to settle for it. Now it was 3 months later after the wreck. Now the rental I had was returned 35 days after the wreck because after they gave me the first offer and I did not take it so they said they would not pay after 35 days and at 30.00/day it was up to 1050.00 and I had to wait until my medical part was paid so I can get reimbursement.

Well in October while at physical therapy on a Tuesday my neck hurt and all week long got worse by Saturday my left arm was completely numb and I could not move my neck after having a 2 MRI's I had a disk slip in my neck. I have went to the doctor from October to March going to the doctor 3 times a week and having my neck in traction for 20 min have electrical shock therapy for 6 min and I went in November had 2 cortizone shots and 1 in December. On March 07 I had 2 disks removed and then my bones fused together. I will be out of work for 5 weeks. It has been a week after surgery and as long as I sit I’m fine but I cant do jack-squat. I sleep in the living room in my chair. I have started to walk some if I stand for more than 15 min the room starts to spin. I could go on a lot more but damn this is long enough. So far I'm out 125,000.00 and the guy who hit me has not had to change his lifestyle at all.

So why is it our fault that the insurance goes up. Here in GA. They will total anything older than a 90 model they say its not worth it with the newer cars out now. And everyone needs a new car. What it is they are totaling all the cars to get them off the road and so you will have to purchase a new car.

Think I'll get down and take another pill
charles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 10:22 PM

Re: update from my wreck on 7-26-02

Charles- i didn't realize how bad your accident was hun. glad to hear that you are on the rd to recovery even if it has been a long and bumpy one. I will keep you in my prayers.
Rae
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: update from my wreck on 7-26-02

howdy,
man i do feel for you. just remember one thing, "the next day all ways brings new sunlight, even when it's raining." hope you get threw this, and best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode