whats your opinion on super swamper tsl bias tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

whats your opinion on super swamper tsl bias tires

ok, first off. i run a stock 89 kick with a 3" body lift with 29x8.50x15 (super swamper tsl bias tires) on sami rims. my question is; do these tires suck or what? offroad they seem to be pretty aggresive & never leave me stuck or bog my engine down..so i would have to say, they are ok/offroad...but back to the street, thats a whole different ballgame i don't want to be at! it feels / handles like crap. sways all over the road. seems like i chose the wrong tire for my preference...so if anyones intrested in a set of (5) mounted on sami rims with a no questions asked offroad warranty (transferable)from 4x4 wholesaler's buzz me a line. asking $475.00 for all...(brand new) 99% tread i've only drove & wheeled a few times so far...i'm in olympia wa i would like input on 'em though. as i said,offroad there little beast's. but i drive 60 / 40 street / offroad so i should of got a a/t radial or something less aggresive. anyway there is a few pic's at sidekicksandtrackers on yahoo groups under; ZUKPIRATE (FILES) thanks for any comments. X. Zukpirate [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 12:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: whats your opinion on super swamper tsl bias tires

They are bais as opposed to radial. THe tires you are using arent ment for the road. When they were designed they didnt even take the road inot consideration!!!!!!!!. You need to buy a radial if your guna be road driving. [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 01:35 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Hmph, I've got the 29x10.5 tsl SX bias tire, I love it! Highway and off!
I have no experience with other tires though.
[img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Journeyman

I just got rid of mine, same size as yours, hated them on the road, but unstoppable offroad..

I got lucky and a stranger pulled up one day asking to switch tires WooHoo!!! traded the swampers for 32x11.5 MT's even up trade at that.

You may find yourself stuck though if you attempt the same offroading with a less aggressive tire...so be careful the first couple outings..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 08:22 PM

I have a set of 31-10.50's and have had no problems with them.
Jimmy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1052317-Sami.jpg (36.3 KB, 28 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 09:09 PM

i hate to say this but i loved the set i had just like yours . try more air in them . i never had any problems
TW
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2003, 09:15 PM

I have a set of Siped 32 11/50 Swampers tsl sx's and I love them. they are steel belted bias ply tires I have NO problems on road and run 55 and 60 and are solid as a rock and they are fantastic off road. as well [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] Picture of me getting air to the left is with the swampers!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the answers...i think offroad these (little) tires will whoop som' butt. on the road, it just takes a little getting used too! i can run 60 / 70 mph down the freeway --BUT-- jerk the wheel & you remember who GOD is real quick... [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] i should have got a wider tire. oh well, maybe som'one will want to trade me a wider set for these. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 12:57 PM

How much air are you running? What wheel width?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Can't Get Enough

I got some 31x11.50 Swamper LTBs a couple of months ago and have been pleasantly surprised with their on road manners. I expected major howling and pisspoor handling after being used to radial M/Ts. Its hard to believe these tires are as quiet as they are with their large lugs and bias ply construction. The main difference on the highway is their tendency of being flat on the bottom until they get warmed up. A great offroad tire for a good price and not bad for highway driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode