body lift how to, help! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 02:54 PM
eteller

body lift how to, help!

Hey All,
Need some help lifting my 97' Tracker. It's a daily driver, used to haul my kid around, so I've determined a 3" Calmini kit too tall for the moderate off-road use it will see. I like RRO's 2" kit, but like everyone else it took me 2 months to get parts out of them. What will prevent me from buying some fiberglass 1-2" lift blocks and throwing them on. Are the body studs staked or threaded in? Any other issues to contend with? TIA

Ed Teller
97' Tracker 1" RRO spring boosters, CALMINI skids and exhaust on order
[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 04:35 AM

Re: body lift how to, help!

the stock bolts are welded in. so if you are going to do a budget home-made body-lift you will end up drilling them out and replacing them...

its a lot of work, it took me a day to drill them out, but it can be done, its cheap and you can do it whenever you want...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 06:43 AM

I bought the calmini 3" body lift for mine (I also have the suspension kit now ) but I think even know for the price I liked the kit for the most part.If you have any other questions just e-mail me [email protected] oh and by the way it took them only like 7-9 days or so to get the body lift kit from them (but everything else took a long time) http://www.geocities.com/copenhagen_03/clubzuke go to my stuff then to my track pics it shows the tracker with the body lift then suspension......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 12:12 AM
ced1

I put a RRO 2" lift on my 95 tracker. It was pretty easy took a couple of hours. The only problem with it is there are no parts to raise the bumpers. I figured out the front bumper, but I never figured out the back bumper. One brake line on the FT driver side is streched and also you can't use the stock shifter boot. To make a lift seems to be more trouble than its worth. But buying the kit also has some issues.

Just my little bit of knowledge.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 01:36 PM
eteller

Thaqnks Guys,
Found a guy on the net who makes high density poly blocks, got some coming in "1. That will work for now, till I get a rollbar, got the tike in the back.

Ed [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode