Off Roading Forums banner

Scott Whitmore's Thank You !!!!!!!!!

810 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  OLDCODGER 
#1 ·
Scott Whitmore\'s Thank You !!!!!!!!!

There's nothing else I can add to this......
The entire zook community made it happen.....

As posted on the Topica list by Phillip Ramirez......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well the other night I recived an email from Scott. Some of you know
hime from the joke of "I Don't Like Scott" and the raffle assosiated
with saving his zuk last summer.. As most of you know Scott was in hard
financial times and was wanting to sell his zuk which he spend allot of
hard time effort and sweat poured into his rig. Scott was also a guy who
if you needed something he would freely give it with the premise you do
the same for someone else at a later date... Basicly the pay it forward
concept. Well Scott disapeared with his mother having health problems
and him loosing his house and phone and everything. I know I am going
further then I need to but feel it appropriate considering the words he
wrote. Anyway he emailed a few of us who was involved with the raffle
and felt he needed to say thank you. And well we let him know it wasn't
just 4 or 5 of us but the entire zuk compunity as a whole so he wrote
the following words. Please send scott some words of encouragement and
please let him know that he truly isnt liked but loved by all of us as a
brother and teacher and mentor to those of us who know him. And to those
who will get to know him. Please accept him as one of the greater
examples of who we should be as humans and people and how we need to
treat others.

Dear Zukers,

My name is Scott Whitmore and I am in your debt.

How does one say thank you for such benevolence? Surely the
words "thank you" are not enough. I know they are not enough for me at
any rate. I am not capable of putting into words the emotional roller
coaster I experienced upon finding out what you had done for me. I don't
think any writer ever born could. If I could only make it clear that
what you did was so much more than saving a machine for me.

As I sit here at this keyboard my mind screams "Say the right
thing" "make these people feel the depth of your gratitude" but GOD did
not make me a wordsmith. What HE did do was make me a man with a circle
of friends that make me richer than I ever thought possible.

I won't bore you with where I was at in life when your aid came
but I can tell you that you not only saved my zuk, but you helped feed
me, shelter me, nurture me back to health. You gave me hope when there
was little to none in sight. Your gift to me will never be forgotten and
that everyday of my life I will strive to earn your gift.

Thank you one and all.

May GOD bless you all greatly for he, and you, have blessed me
so.

ZUKERS ROCK!!!!!!
Scott
Whitmore

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Re: Scott Whitmore\'s Thank You !!!!!!!!!

All I can say is, it was a pleasure to participate in all three aspects of saving the zuk, offering stuff up for raffle and offering back what was offered, a little help and a lot of kindness...I for one have never met Scott, but I know I don't like him and I hope he feels the same.
Thanks for the update Crow.

G
#4 ·

Is this the Scott Whitmore who lives in Dayton, OH? If so I know him. It's his fault I have this suzuki addiction.
I used to work with him years ago. He helped me out quite a bit when I first got hooked. I didn't know he had fallen on hard times. I will have to try and look him up.

T

#8 ·

yeah, i remember him, i dont like him either.....
glad to hear he finally got his truck back, been wondering about it for a while. anybody got his email so i kin get in touch with him?
BiLLy bOb

G
#9 ·

I was actually kind of hoping it was another Scott Whitmore. I said I worked with him but what I should have said was I worked for him. He was my foreman. He was actually one of the best bosses I ever had. Stern but fair and very protective of us. I'll spend some time tonight looking for him.

#11 ·

I met Scott at ZukiMelt two years ago and his buddy Tim Evans. Spent some time hangin' out and a coupla beers with them. Both really nice guys. I think that's when they first started handing out the "I don't like Scott" bumper stickers. I put one on my Zuk's front bumper. When I came home to Manitoba the border guard was very curious about who Scott was and why I didn't like him. I just told him (and everyone who asked after that) "Scott's probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet". I'd been away from this BBS for about a year and hadn't realized Scott had fallen on hard times. Sounds like a really nice gesture you guys all did for him and you should all be proud of yourselves. Helping people feels good. Scott & Tim, hope you guys can make it back out to Attica again this summer. I'll try my best to go back again since I missed last year. Hope to see you guys again, as well as many more from this BBS that were there two years ago.

G
#12 ·

"I dont think I was on this board at the time, but reading these posts it looks as though you guys deserve a good chear from an outsider."

I agree Junki, especially considering the mope they helped out was not worth it.

I can never thank you guys enough. Frankly I'm a little embarassed because there are millions out there more deserving than me of what you folks did. But I thank you and I'm grateful in the extreme. It absolutely drives me insane that I can't pay you back. I love you guys (yeah, I said it)
Thank you again everyone.

#13 ·

Scott, your thanks and smiling face is payment enough....

Now, we better see you at the Melt in July!

#14 ·

yea scott....ill be passing through the middle ohio on my way to the melt...your welcome to caravan with my gf and I....

Crow, are you and pugrocker gunna stop by our place on your way out to shorten your trip?

J

#15 ·

Yep, at least that's the tentative plan....
I can hardly wait!!!!!!

#17 ·

I agree.. the whole thing... it was an absolute thrill or pleasure. I'll never forget the turning points in the event... the late nights spent in the yahoo chats going back and forth wiht ideas... the emails pouring in with the people wanting to help, or give a little something to the raffle, getting that one HUGE donation... it was such a rush.

I'm proud to say that I think I was the first to say it.

I don't like Scott!

I think that carried over from the old Topica list when Whitmore sent out an email to everyone just before the melt saying "Hey, I can't wait to meet everyone -- even if you don't like me, at least come up and introduce yourself!"

It all went downhill from there :-D

Murph

#18 ·

Scott Said~
I can never thank you guys enough. Frankly I'm a little embarassed because there are millions out there more deserving than me of what you folks did. But I thank you and I'm grateful in the extreme. It absolutely drives me insane that I can't pay you back. I love you guys (yeah, I said it) Thank you again everyone.
May GOD bless you greatly, Scott

Scott my MAN, you don't seam to be getting it, It isn't a matter of YOU paying US back, we were trying to show you how much we appricate having a frind who even when he is hurting and having hard times reaches out and helps a fellow Zuker such as myself. It is I who thanks you ,not only for the doors you GAVE me but for the example you live in front of us showing us a better way of treating thoes who we share this earth with!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.