? on needs for products i can make - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

? on needs for products i can make

howdy,
i have a couple of products that i can make and produce at well below what some vendors can sell them for. these are all products that i have made for myself in the passed and have used the heck out of.

1. pumkin caps. i can make these and sell them for $40 plus shipping

2. GM alt bracket only the bracket and around $46

<font color="red"> I do not have any of these made up off hand. and i have only been maken these for my and some local friends. i have no direction for these, but i feel they are easy to install. i really don't even think i will sell these but just testen waters. </font color>

<font color="green"> if you feel this is spam let me know and i will delete it. </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 07:01 PM
Urban_Zuk

Re: ? on needs for products i can make

I'm really interested in the GM alt bracket! tell me more, or pm me! Hope to hear from you.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:45 PM

Do you have a machine shop? If so, could you make an adapter for the 1.3 16V head to mount the distributor? It could be either off the back, or driven off one of the cam pullies sticking out of the front. How say you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:53 PM

Yes, I'm also interested in the GM alt bracket. You've had no breakage problems as of yet have you Jim?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 08:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

There is a company in Austraillia, tat makes these, they are pricey but I am checking into importing them on a limited basis.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
all i have is option to use my uncle's shop. i don't get much time to spend there. i don't know there alot of other with this problem. i am very sorry i can't help you. but you might want to talk to brent at trail tough cause if i remember right he runs a swift GT twin cam head and efi.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i have had no breakage problem for the 3 monthes before winter i ran it on MONZUKI. i ran it on MUDDZUKI for 4 years with no problem. i will be running a couple of them off in the next month. i am not the fasts person right now. and if it keeps snowing then i might never get anything done. the price i have posted is not for sure right now. but i want to keep price down.
if anyone is willing to wait, then i will not let you down. i will post picture when i get the new run down.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 09:37 PM

I don't know if you have sheet metal capabilities, but I would love to see someone come up with a gau [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]ge mount that runs across the top of the windshield frame on a hardtop. A 5 gauge mount would really look neat up there.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
how bout diamond plate? how long? what size gauges? and how you want it to mount. or just look at my center dash piece for my sammi.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1037579-roll cage 003.jpg (48.2 KB, 1 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 11:24 PM

You really have a good looking Zuk. It is easy to tell that a ton of thought and work has gone into it. My tintop has the old style dash, so there really is no place for gauges without taking out the vents. I don't want to do that. On a tintop, the frame above the windshield is molded in a "v" shape which is not closed at the top. A gauge mount could be fabricated that had a lip which dropped into the "v" of the windshield frame. After that it is simply a matter of coming up with an enclosure about 20" long, probably 2 1/2" inches deep, with the same height. All of the wiring for the gauges could run along the inside of the windshield frame, tucked neatly away. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode