Look what these morons did... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Look what these morons did...

I had to take my sammy to bucky's here in washington to get a new cat converter put on since I burned mine up. That was a mistake. Look at the attached picture. Have you ever seen a weld like that before? I didn't even know you could do that with a welder... This already has pinhole leaks in it. Also if you notice they didn't even hook the stock hanger back up. They also welded the thing so that the tailpipe was hitting the bumper. When I brought it back, the guy just takes a big crow bar and bends the hanger! [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1035414-weld.jpg (49.9 KB, 446 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 09:15 PM

Re: Look what these morons did...

WTF is that crap?! Man, I feel your pain. Some people out there just don't know what they're doing. I've seen this time and time again. Too bad you didn't know someone with a welder.

Cheers,
Steve
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 10:27 PM

Good Gawd! That's the ugliest thing I have ever seen. It's almost scary!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 10:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

<font color="green"> WOW, I can't weld all that good, but I know I could do better then that $hitty weld job! Can't believe that they let people work in exhaust shops that do $hitty work like that! I wouldn't pay for the job they did, or lack their of! </font color>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i have seen a weld like that before. my dad gave me my first welden leason at the age of 8 on our old farm, and that is what i did to the skid-bucket. held good for 4 years then gave out. so do a 8 year old weld this for you. i would rip that cat off and shove it up the guys _ _ _. but then again i have flex pipe right now cause i can't find a muffler boy i would trust with my sammi for more than to just look at her.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure if I should take it back to them... I'm afraid of what they would do to the poor thing.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 10:53 PM

WOW! I have never seen a weld that bad on an exhaust system. I know guys that could do a better job with their eyes closed......hey maybe that's what happened...the guy didn't have a welding mask and had to do it with hiS eyes closed! AMAZING THAT THE GUY STILL HAS A JOB!!!!!

Sean
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 11:02 PM

There's like a pound of weld there. That's going to slow your sammy down. Your lose about 5 m/h. I would go back and complain to get your money back.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i would take it back and not let them work on it. wait until a saturday around lunch or early mourning and make a scenewith the maneger while they are busy. just an easy way to get it fixed right or some money back. oh just to let ya know i am not aloud to goto the local firestone anymore due to a plug i asked to be burned patched. i got the burn patch and my $15 back.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 11:43 PM
Urban_Zuk

well, I had the same kind of weld done on my Sami's cat too. Here is what I was left to do, I went back there and asked what the hell kind of job they did, and they told me that their was no refund on "custom" jobs. So I made this huge scene about proper business ethics. They offered to re-do the job, but I said screw-it and took it down to another muffler shop. When I got it back, I noticed that there was a lot less welding crap on it, but now it makes a rattle can noise in the cat. It's probably some old welding crap in there or something. So now, I have paid for two cats, one that was a crap job, and the other that is on there good, but now makes noise. ARGH!!!
[img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode