wanna get mad? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 12:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wanna get mad?

Read this article in the AP.. student protest
This girl is going to an American school, supported by the tax dollars of the same country she's protesting. Does she have the right to protest, of course she does, it's the US. But don't suck up my tax dollars to get an education in the place you despise so much. Inequities in the quality of life? Sure there are inequalities in life and in the US. Case in point? Treasoness people like her getting to go to college and get an education while good patriotic citizens who support their flag don't. She is a slap in the face to anyone who ever fought and or died to give her the right to turn away from the flag. I guess what I'm wondering is: How tough has life been on her, how unfair has the goverment been? She's enjoying an education and gets to play basketball as a job. Yep, thats just horrible. If she had actually had it tought, like being forced to WORK for her education, she'd be setting herself on fire I guess.
R/T..Angry American [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 12:21 PM

Re: wanna get mad?

You should be thankful for people like her. If not for them, there would be no United States. Just British colonies.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I disagree. Being against the war has nothing to do with being disrespectful to the flag, she is one step away from burning it. In my opinion, we dont have much other choice but war. Iraq is determined not to give up the WMD and they must de destroyed before they get into the hands of some terrorists. What do these protesters want? Do they have a way to disarm him? AFTER a shopping mall or day care center is gassed with one of his weapons will the protesters still be on his side?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 12:39 PM

Personally I'd slap that b-tch. She is taking for granted freedoms that the United States provides and insulting it. She's a condradiction of loyalty and if she wants to turn her back on American she can go back overseas and live with her ancestors.

Screw her. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 01:13 PM

It seems like a lot of people that come to this country
have misinterpretted the phrase "land of the free." They
seem to think it means "land of the freebees".
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 01:43 PM

I say we stuff her a$$ in a barrel and tell her to pray she makes it to iraq, maybe there she can do some good. Sorry but the lack of her respect for the men and that are fighting and dying for this country angers me, when much of my family is fighting for this country. Its in me blood...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 02:23 PM

I don't usally get into this sorta thread, but the other night I was on the phone with my father, a Vietnam vet, and we where talking about the pending war in Iraq. We had different views on the subject, I thought we should go over a kick some booty and remind them who is the super power [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img].
My father on the other hand was against war, and made a good point, when you have seen death and chaos in its purest form, and watched friends you had breakfast with come to dinner in a body bag, is war really worth the price [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I guess when you get older,you look more at the big picture. after all are we really fighting for freedom....or the price of gas.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 02:31 PM

Yes, this makes me mad. I think all these freeloding programs should bite the fawking dust and everyone should have to work for what they get in this country. As far as her protesting, she has that right and I served to ensure that it remains. That said, I have the right to disagree wholeheartedly and I am allowed to speak my support as loud if not louder than her.

When you see someone who is serving in our armed forces, take a moment to say "Thank You". That means more to them than all of Hollow-wood and these protestors comdined.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 02:43 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
zuk88 said: ...after all are we really fighting for freedom....or the price of gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask the families of the people that Saddam has gassed or otherwise killed the past 12 years.
Of course the oil works into the equasion - that kind of money pouring into a country with a lunatic like him in charge it a recipe for disaster.

We are not mixed up in this because we need their oil - we get plenty from other countries (when they are not on strike) and have our own vast resources yet to be tapped. It is for our security &amp; the security of others (economic as well as physical) that we must act. The UN is a joke and will not act until it is much too late &amp; even then who do you think will be the ones to go in???

It is tough to put our own folks' lives on the line when those most effected by this bury their heads in the sand, tho. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 03:17 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
"land of the freebees".

[/ QUOTE ]

How many of you will see the $6 billion we are giving, along with another $20 billion in interest free loan to Turkey?

Hows that for freebies? I pay taxes to my government just like all of you. When I can't even afford the medicines that keep me alive, while tax dollars fly outta here like theres no tomorrow, theres definitely a problem. Wheres my freebie?

F U C K them all. We don't need the oil, and we should not be the "enforcer" of the planet. If they all cannot pull their own weight, they deserve what comes to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode