Happy to be here.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Happy to be here....

Joining this forum was a great thing for me to do, I am glad I stumbled across it. Over the last year I have completely transformed my Samurai. I surfed through a lot of sites and gained tons of info/ideas while I was building it up. All of which hasn't compared to the short time I have been here.

I have met a few of the guys at the NE fabfest and ordered some great stuff from shrock, who by the way is a model of good character both business and more importantly personal character. You should at least check his site and if you don't have $ to buy from him pass his name along... he deserves it!

It is about the comradery (Sp?) and I notice it more every time I talk with one of the guy/girls here.I am not trying to be cheery or blow smoke up everyones @$$, I just realized it after I got my Sammy back after weeks of not having it and major overhauls, that my Zook is now a reflection of some of the things I have gained here at this site. When I think of positive things I like to share them.

Now back to business... anyone got some 4.62's and perhaps a 4.89 case? [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 11:13 PM

Re: Happy to be here....

How true, maybe it's a certain type of folk that get into Samurais.. I have met sammy owners on the street and they will always take the time to chat with you, share stuff.. it's great.. I love being a Sammy owner!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 11:25 PM
Veteran

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]Welcome to our little corner of the net. [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 11:28 PM

I was thinking the same thing about Sami owners the other day when I ran across a Zuk owner at the gas station. We both noticed the other and took a few minutes to look over our rigs and share tips. That is about the point the people in line got a bit peeved and started honking…the words “It’s a Zuk thing, you wouldn’t understand” came to mind.

I am yet to meet a Sami owner that was not interested in his fellow Zuk’r.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Happy_Trails

Welcome aboard Brent...it was nice to meet you and others @ Glenns FAB-FEST. ( The host with the most ) It was my first FAB-FEST. Too bad it was so damn cold or I think more would have showed up. But it was still a great time. I wish I had found this BBS when I first got my Sidekick. I missed out on alot of events last summer. I found this thru IZOOK locator, well saw article on FAB-FEST from last year and then found names on locator. Then I went to R.I. for a trail ride and met some of the group and had a blast. So now I'am looking forward to a fun filled spring/summer/fall of 4 wheeling and attending events As you can see there is alot going on here and always someone willing to help or give you info. Anyway...hope to see you and others @ the MAY FAB-FEST or other events. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 01:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yea it is cool [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] One of the neat things about sharing ideas is that the ones that work in a given area end up on the trucks in that area! Thats one reason most of the hardcore group in the N.E. are/where set up the same. Of course now Zooky and I are going coils/Tracker for me, and YT is going nuts with his too. Its an interesting evolution.
When I bought my first Sami i was convinced that I wouldn't
SPOA for anything, as my first truck/auto was a spoa scout that was poorly done. (handled horrificly!!) so I was dead set against it. then I did research and found that if done correctly it was a hot setup and safe. Now I have learned enough that I am redesigning a coil setup to fit my tracker and fabbing everything on it myself! A Long starnge trip indeed! [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Happy_Trails

Well it is fun to watch you guys work on your rigs and others. Being MECANICLLY CHALLANGED I need all the help working on them that I can get. [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img] Is lucky I can add oil without scewing something up. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
It seems everyone has great idea's and sure knows what they are doing. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
I have never had a lifted vehicle. But is looking forward to one and knowing it is done right is a plus. Has seen some scary lookin set up before and sure doesn't need that. [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]
I have lots of ideas but a small wallet.(and empty) [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
But it seems to me that you guys(Glenn/Randy and so on ) sure can build/ fabricate just about anything anyone needs. And if they can't, they'll know where to buy one.( or get it off a parts truck ) Anyway........it is always a learning experiance. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 02:23 PM
Can't Get Enough

Something wierd has happened to me...

Born & raised here in sunny SoCal... never knew anything better. Nowadays however, all the good folks have moved out-of-state... I've even done a tour of New England during the changing of the colors... got to experience a Noreaster when there and didn't care for that much... (what's that wet stuff and why's it so cold??)...

Then I got onto this BB and y'all make me think that the good people are still around, they're just in NE!
Shucks, I've even thought of re-locating to the right coast to be closer to yall.... what a great comraderie we share here.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 02:33 PM

Oh, this just great! We need to sensor the board so that there is no more "cross coast" posting. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I will be the only one left out here before long!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Well I think it is a matter of finding the folks in your area.
we are lucky that we "found" each other from the N.E. and The bunch of us are hardcore and like to fab and have been busy getting runs together etc.. Not long ago Y Tim and I met online and we where crying nothing happens with zooks on the east coast, So we decieded to fix that. Hence the first Run/gathering I put on with short notice. Much the same with fab fests. It keeps me busy anyway. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode