how hard is it... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 10:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

how hard is it...

how hard is it to remove the whole front end??i was in a wreck and now it's time to build it again as soon as i get off these crutches [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 10:58 AM

Re: how hard is it...

Sorry to hear you were in an accident. Hope the injuries weren't too bad and no one else got hurt.

Your going to need to be more specific. By front end do you mean the front clip body? The front axle?
both? Was the frame damaged or diamonded? ( Made into a parallelogram or trapezoid instead of a
rectangle)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 11:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well i hit kinda hard the injuries are oki..heh i ain't to worried i just have a few bruises and my legs is a little swollen..n-e-wayz well i'm more mechanically inclined so if it was something like te engine i wouldn't worry but it's the boddy that got bent.the front core support,fender,bumper,grill,lights,fogs,hood.from what i could see all i need is a big phillips to take my whole car apart!lol but i dunno any input would be appreciated [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 11:55 AM

This was my answer I copied from another place I post

Front clip. Hmmm, not too difficult, the 2 front body to frame bolts, 2 or 3 bolts per side
attaching the fenders to the firewall. Some wire harness to detatch from the inside fender wells,
you probably should remove the radiator and brackets. any hoses attached to the inside fenderwells.
stuff like that.

I dont remember if the battery tray attaches to the firewall or not. you may have to remove it to get
to the fender to firewall bolts. I havent done it myself yet but that should be pretty close
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 12:06 PM

i think outlaw has done a good job of explaining the process. i have take the entire front clip off of my zuks when i replace engines...makes it easier to get at everything.

the toughest part of removing those phillip head screws on a samurai is that they strip out easily. make sure to apply plenty of heat to cook out the locktite. once you get the phillip screws loose, it is easy.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yea i went ahead and took a look at it and it shouldn't be to bad ,it llooks pretty straight foward like outlaw said!so thanx alot for the advise! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode