Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   swift gti efi or complete engine? (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/154667-swift-gti-efi-complete-engine.html)

peci 02-18-2003 09:26 AM

swift gti efi or complete engine?

i can get a complete swift gti for about 300EUR.
the question is, is it possible to take the efi into my sami model 89 carbed? is it bolt-on?
does it work? or is the efi specially made for the gti engine?

or should i swap in the complete engine? but that means messing around with the heater and firewall and welding motormounts...

RootMoose 02-18-2003 11:33 AM

Re: swift gti efi or complete engine?

You don't need to do anything with the motor mounts - the block is the same externally to the Samurai 1300.

Also, if you use a Mazda 323 GTX distributor cap you don't need to touch the firewall to fit the engine into the engine bay. Do a web search and you should be able to find a page with the specific dist cap info.

HTH

[email protected]

Nowhere 02-18-2003 12:58 PM

I have NEVER done anything with the entire LONGblock GTI engine setup (the gti twin cam head, intake, fuel, etc..) so I can not comment on that one. What I did do, however, is I used the GTI shortblock (no head, cams, intake, exhaust, etc, just the lower block) and a tricked samurai head. Everything else is stock on my engine.
The short block itself mounts and bolts to everything exactly the same. The flywheel is different though so you'll have to replace that.
GTI to Samurai (shortblock only, * items are needed for long or short!)
*starter
*flywheel + bolts
*oil pick up tube (you'll see, this has to be bent some to fit)
*oil pan
*water pump (I think...., think the swift water pump will not work with samurai fan, I think it'll work for the swift timing belt cover, dunno)
*lower pullies
*dipstick + tube
samurai timing system (belt, tentioner system, lower timing gear)
*and the samurai motor mounts.
I think that is all that would be relevent to a longblock or shortblock replacement
(longblock needs more stuff, shortblock needs stuff that is not relevent to the longblock swap).

blue_zuk 02-18-2003 06:48 PM

the gti engine (89-94 here in the states) uses "port injection", this is where the injectors are placed in the side of the head itself and not in the throttle body. so...if you want to run a gti's efi system, you would need to run at least the complete gti head....so yes, the gti's efi system is specially made for the gti engine.

swap in the whole gti engine if you have everything and it runs good! i did that until i started having tps problems. the gti engine will make your sammi into a real screamer! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]