Procomp XTerrian Test - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Procomp XTerrian Test

For those of you who asked... Yesterday was the test.. I started off with a 18 mile pavment drive with 20 psi , road very quite and very stable. ( I have also ran these in rain and in snow on pavment and work well. ) Got to the spot and aired down to 15 psi. locked up and bull low started to climb through loose dirt , thicker dirt and rock chunks , then some slim muck , no wheel spin yet and yes they grab!!!Nice to watch them flex, I'm sure you could take them down alot lower in psi... We finaly hit snow and still no probblem , now solid ice now snow going straight up , oops to slow got to back down on ice , tires held very well, Ok bull low secound gear foot where it belongs , pop the cluth and here we go buns squeezing real hard , hang on dude where going over the top and thats just what we did, tires are still great!! ( the other two rigs I was with winched up ) Ok now we start to go down the other side of the mnt. About 4 to 6 inches of the worst slimey slick muck on a very and I mean very steep down grade,( so steep my buddies passenger bailed on him half way down , kinda funny to watch.. start a little slip hear and there but amazeing enough these tires grip strong going down as well as up!! Now we played in all kinds of stuff and lots of climbing in all rocks, dirt, mud and again grip like crazy..OK over to the mud flats we go , start going through real slow up to the doors get little spin feeling ,push on the gas a bit and muck everywhere , tires cleaned out and pulled me out. My personal feeling on the Procomp Xterrian radial tire are a 9 . I never give 10 cause there's allways room for inproving... If you own a daily driver and likes to try almost anything when you wheel I am sure you would love these tires!!! Would I buy anouther set ? YOU BETCHA !!! Hope you all enjoyed .. Taz
[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Re: Procomp XTerrian Test

PS Here's a pic of the tire... [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1027870-tires2.jpg (27.3 KB, 52 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

And anouther [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1027871-tires1.jpg (34.9 KB, 45 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I wheel with a TJ almost every weekend , he has no lockers and his Pro Comps work very impressively . I'd say they are equal to my Swamper TRXus MT's , just as good . Flex is great , and they do clean out well .
Sarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode