sammi problems, need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 11:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sammi problems, need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just got a 1990 sammi. it ran fine up until a week ago when the ecm fried. i sent it off and had it repaired. now that i have it back in the sammi something else is wrong. it will start right up but won't stay running unless i keep my foot on the gas. i checked the fuel line and it is pumpin plenty of gas into the throttle body. all the wires on the harness appear to be hooked up. me and my friends have been racking our brains on this and can't figure it out. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any ideas are more than welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 12:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: sammi problems, need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got a 90 what ever ya do dont cut anythin i mean anything otherwize it will never run again. check your throtle ajustment if it just has a slow idle its where the throtle cabel hooks up to. also check the vac lines and make shure that they are all connected and if worst comesto worst go to a pony. not a stock carb cause they make your sammi run like [bleep] if they ant hooked up rite.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 01:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the resonse. i'll try that. but it's a throttle body fuel injection. sorry if i didn't make that clear in the first post. i really do appreciate the help. keep em comin!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Veteran

The two most common problems that cause this problem are the TPS and the Oxygen Sensor.
Is it running rich? Black smoke?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 05:34 PM
Addict

Are you having to pump the gas pedal like a carb to keep it running? That is what mine is doing, unless I pump the gas pedal. TPS, throttle body and map sensor been changed. No luck, fixing to change it to a carb, if I can't figure it out in a few weeks. I can work on the carbs.

Steve
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 10:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the info guys! we got it runnin today. turned out to a [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] BROKE GROUND WIRE [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]. GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!! i appreaciate the help. KEEP WHEELIN!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Addict

Hey thanks, I dig into that tomorrow and see if that is my problem. I open to all hints. I want to put a good body on this one, but if it is not running, I ain't wasteing my time.
Steve
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 08:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey does any one know of an alternator I could get for my '88 sami that puts out more power than the stock one. If I'm running down the dirt road with my KC's on and I turn the engine off I have to kill the lights before it starts again. My alternator now is going out.

'88 sami, 5" with spoa, 35" bfg
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 01:37 PM

The esteem alts put out about 55 A compared to the (early?) sami's at 35A Later sami's may be better.

I put one in my sJ410 but it doesn't like something about it, the bat and brake idiot lights are on all the
time, but it charges fine.

I'm thinking it has an internal regulator and the external regulator is confused. When the alt is really
out the 2 lights are somehow both affected. it also doesn't make any differance where I put the
2 little wires on the alt, so that makes me more suspisious of it having the internal reg.

The other thing I had to do was modify (rebuild) the lower alt bracket to move the alt back a bit, and I
need to replace the lower radiator hose and cut it to clear the rear alt pivot nut, since its touching.
Thats just a matter of time before the hose has a hole.

Keep in mind, this is on an SJ410 and a 1L motor, you may not need to do a thing on a 1.3., later Sami,
Ecept possibly switch the alt pully's, which most (good) parts shops will do for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode