Off Roading Forums banner

Burfield rings Good/bad?

464 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tanzuki 
#1 ·
Fellas:

Was wondering what you guys think.. I hear some people say that they have saved there axle, where others who have broken them say that they only make your axle the fuse link..

opions,comments,curses it's all welcomed

Anarchy Joe

See less See more
#5 ·
they do help, though I still blew my birfs and axles, if anything the rings help keep the birfield in sorta 1 piece when they blow
I know mine had about 10 crack lines in each

Driver side expanded enough to strip the splines on the birf end of the axle the pass side stayed tight enough that the axle snapped at the carrier end

#6 ·
It's preference really. I'm a firm beliver even with 33's a sammi axle will survive a long time with a light foot. I've alwaays ran 33 boggers on mine and never broke a burfield untill I installd a 1600 16v. After that it almost seemed if I even thought about doing the rocks a burfield would break. So I got a set of burfield ring from breeze ind. and never broke another burfield because the axle broke and made the repair time from about 30 min to about 1 1/2 hours.

I would rather get the lifetime warrenty shafts from autozone and replace them. Just my.02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.