this is the red tub I tried to sell and could not, so my wife said get rid of it,
and since It was rust free, and mine was not, thus the project of swapping it started..
here is what I started with.
took the rockers guards off, and the metal hangers for them, also took the flare hangers off.
turned it upside down and cleaned the underneath, calked with automotive calking all the cracks
and possible problem areas, all the areas that were problems with my rig..
this picture I pounded the front of the rocker to keep the front tire from ever rubbing on it.. not just
a fold the seam over, the whole corner was reformed and jbwelded...
I also pounded the rockers flat on the bottom and sealed them and put new drain holes for them,
I am almost finished with some rock sliders for them, and I needed the seam flat for them...
these are after I have applied the Herculiner to the Tub.
inside after 1 coat of Herculiner.
after both coats... I sprayed the Herc on not rolled or brushed.
These are after I Herc'ed and Painted the red part Yellow...
this is the Tub painted with the Hard top on that I Herculined,
the rear tail gate is not really bolted on, I had just set it there before the picture.
and the black flare part is where the body is under the Bushwacker Flares.
This is the front clip after I finished it..
Seats I am using... very comfy.. out of a Hyundai Accent..the foot prints are from one of my children walking
That is all the pictures I have now, the body is on the frame, and I almost finished running all the wires yesterday.
should be up and running by Monday...
it has been down for 3 weeks while I did this..
just sharing with you all what I have been up to lately...
let me know what you think of it all...