RRO coil kit with Toy axles? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 06:37 PM
BoOstedZooK

RRO coil kit with Toy axles?

search is down [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

For anyone who has used the RRO kit with Toy mini axles...

How much "customizing" is needed to make it work? He told me he could supply me the stuff needed to make it work but couldn't guarentee a "glove like fit"...

Also he says the 8" coils will fit "some 35's" I want to run 37 bogs and try to avoid a body lift or removing my fenders (i dont mind hacking them up, but I still need to keep the mud off me and dont want it to look like a buggy) What length coils (if any) work for 37's?

Thanks,
Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 06:45 PM

Re: RRO coil kit with Toy axles?

37"boggers are pushing it. why are you wanting to use the coil kit if you are a mudder? wgen you cut your front fenders there isn't much room to cut or you lose the front inner fenders then you get mud all over your motor.

give us some more info on what type of wheelin you do.

mike schaffer amkes the kit i think. he has the jig for yota axles but he said he doesn't have any time to make any.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I got a Land Cruiser kit from Shaffer, its still going together. The biggest difference is the front coils are outboarded so the mounts are different. Also, the front links are angled out to the outboarded mounts. The panhard bar is a little longer but thats not a big deal. The mounts would have to be opened up to fit on the bigger toyota axle tubes. I guess it would be doable but its alot more work, you would almost be better off starting off from scratch. I think Glenn had told me that OME Grand Cherokee lifted springs would be tall enough for 37's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 08:40 PM
BoOstedZooK

Well in Michigan its hard to avoid mud no matter where you go, so its not so much that im into muddin, but its there and I have to keep that in mind.

I am building a rig that will perform well in the "regional" wheeling hotspots around me from Gitchee Gummee Canada to Tellico.
I like the approch and departure angles that running coils can give you, as well as the flex. Plus it looks cool! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The other option I have been checking out is wagoneer springs all the way around and a S/R. Theres still alot of work either way I go, but im just trying to narrow it down.
Hoping someone can make up my mind for me!

(Wish I had the know how to build my own coil susp.)

Thanks,
Ryan

edit: RRO kit wouldnt work for me anyways I dont think, because it prolly doesnt change WB length, therefore I wouldnt gain in approch angles
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 10:34 PM

if you are gonna run 37's i don't think approach and departer angles are gonna be a problem.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 11:12 PM
BoOstedZooK

Good point, But even better if I could push the front axle ahead 6"... [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 04:51 AM
Keyboard Implanted

actually, a coil suspension would make it easier to extend your wheelbase and increase departure angles, just lengthen the links
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 06:52 AM

You would gain in approach and departure due to the fact that there would be nothing in front of the tires (like springs) As far as the 8 " coils. The 8 inch lift kit actually comes with 14 inch springs. The 8 inches is in addition to the stock height. So you would need some LONG coils. If you have any metal working skill, ie a grinder and some patience, you could adapt the kit with a little work. You could also ask them to make custom longer control arms for the front. The rear would be more expensive as three arms / links would have to be modified.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 02:37 PM

your better off building your own kit if you are wanting to all that you are talking about. why spend all that money only to hack it all up??? you can get the johnny joints off of currie enterprises.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Can't Get Enough

You can probably build one faster than it would take you to get one too [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode