Lifted springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 07:40 AM
MrHawk

Lifted springs

I've been reading this board for a couple of weeks now so I thougt it was time to register. So now you got a member from Sweden [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've been thinking to get the National Springs 3" lift from Rocky-Road, but I'm a bit concerned that they will be alot stiffer and alow less flex than the original ones. Does anyone here run these? Or do ya now someone that does, would like some input on this subject.

And yea [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 08:34 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Lifted springs

hawk, welcome to our deranged little family here. always good to have another zuker out there in wonderland! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
heres my .o2 on lifted springs. dont like em. ive had em on a willys (45 MB) before, superlift soft ride series, but they NEVER rode soft at all. yes, lifted springs will ride rougher because they have LIFT to them. as far as flexing, well, when i ran mine on my willys, i wasnt looking for flex so dont know. i have read that lifted springs will flex once broke in, BUT AGAIN, I DONT HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with any lifted springs on a zuk. only on a willys. i wont use lifted springs personally because of the stiff ride. but not knowing the lift laws and what is/isnt allowed on modifications in sweeden, you might be stuck with using a lifted spring.
come on peoples, chime in n enlighten both of us on lifted nationals......
BiLLy bOb
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 08:54 AM

Mrhawk, are you SPOA or still stock spring location? National does not recomend their springs for SPOA
use last I heard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 08:59 AM
pugrocker

Welcome to the board [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I had 3" Nationals (purchased through RRO) with DT3000 shocks and for a lifted spring they rode and flexed well. Before that I was running Rancho 1.5" lift springs with RS5000 shocks - that rode horrible. (Both were setup in a SPUA configuration). If you are going to compare the Nationals to the stock setup you will get a much better ride and more flex - but make sure that whatever you purchase is complimented by soft valved shocks. HTH.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 09:04 AM
MrHawk

Im stock SPUA with slightly longer schakels, the reason I'm thinking of buying these springs is that they dont give as much lift as a SPOA, I only have 30" tires and that looks a bit funny with SPOA, and I don't want the zuk to be too high.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 09:14 AM

I am running the Calmini 3" lift springs with 30" tires on my Zuk and I think it rides about the same as stock. I am using DT 3000 shocks. I was going to get the 3" National springs because I heard they ride better than the Calmini springs, but got a deal on these so got them. If the National springs ride any better than mine I think you will be pleased. Just make sure to use some DT shocks.....If ordering from RRO they can set you up with the right shocks.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 09:17 AM
pugrocker

Check out my website that I made for my old zuk which had 3" Nationals and 2" lifted (1" lift) Revolver shackles on 30" tires - web page
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 09:20 AM
pugrocker

one other thing to keep in mind - I had to wait almost 6 months to get the springs and shocks from RRO [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 09:22 AM

Here is a pic of mine with 3" springs DT shocks and 1" longer shackles.

http://bbs.off-road.com/photobb/show...ss=&sort=1
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 09:31 AM

Yeah what pugrocker said [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I ordered my shocks from RRO and they sent me the wrong front ones....I would shop around and see if someone has some used ones for sale.But if you do order from RRO make sure they have what you need in stock before you give them a credit card # ....If you want I can give you the DT shock #'s so you can be sure they quote you the right ones,or if you want to order thenm elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode