Gas Guage not working ~OR~ Crippled old FART - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Gas Guage not working ~OR~ Crippled old FART

12/30/02 12:23 Hay do the Zuks have an inspection plate above the full level sensor in the rear deck or do I have to drop the tank to get at it? I still have carpet there and don't want to rip it uo for nothing.

Gas guage was working on my Tin Top when I bought it about 1 month ago but has sloley died. not worknig at all now! Any hints on what to look for -check would be apreciated.

Ok I followed the advice given Bellow~ KINDA~

It was sugested I go drive the Zuk over a lot of BUMPS to see if sensor was stuck and maby by doing so it would shake LOOSE!!! SOOOOOO
[img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I went out and climbed on the trailer hitch and hung on to the Spare tire and proceded to jump up and down~~~ You GOTTA rember I'm an Old FART, Me thinks I'm getting senial as well!!!! Had my toes on the hitch and as I did the jumping thing my heals overextended down and ~POP ~POP both calve muscle's let go and now I'm hobbling around like the OLD FART that I am!!!! SIGH!!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] I didn't used to drink but it sounds like a good time to START!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 12:44 PM
mikrosilakhan

Re: Gas Guage not working

A few of ours did that to. Theres a wire on top of the tank that might be broke or disconnected or, the fuse could be blown or the 3rd wich was all of ours is the lil slider in the tank stuck. Keep your at least half full for awhile and hit alot of bumps [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 01:25 PM

The gauge on mine stopped working for the first half of the tank, then when it gets below 5 gallons it starts to read again. This started about 6 months ago and when I asked some local Zuk owners about it they pointed to the sending unit. I am not sure what goes bad there, but it seems to be a common problem. I have yet to drop the tank to see what is the trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 01:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I've had mine apart and the contact area in the swing of the arm sometimes doesn't make contact with the arm (or vice versa). You can bend the contact so it makes full contact through the swing of the arm if it's not too bad.....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Well I guess I gatta drop the Tank [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Checked fuses wiring exc. and was pulling around on the wire by the rear of the tank which was disapering over the top of the tank and [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] pulled it right off!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] Oh never mind~ I forget I don't Drink! [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Re: Gas Guage not working ~OR~ Crippled old FART

Bumping~ got another question at top!!! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 01:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Gas Guage not working ~OR~ Crippled old FART

If it's a sami you will have to drop the tank. Or cut a hole in the Floor [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode