Which windjammer to get? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Which windjammer to get?

Okay, I didn't get my Windjammer for Christmas, so it looks like I'm going to have to break down and buy one. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] However, I'm not sure which one I should get. I already have a Bestop bikini top, and I'm going to get the Windjammer and use the combo to act as my entire top (just sold my soft top). I know the Bestop doesn't seem to enclose all too well, as there is quite a gap left between the roll bar and window. Does anyone have a Kayline windjammer? I was looking at them on the Roadless Gear site and they claim to seal much better than the Bestop. How does the top portion seal? The sides go into the factory top grooves. Anybody have any pictures of the Kayline installed? Also, how far do both drop down (ie, all the way to the floor, just past the bedrails, etc)?

Thanks for all the input, guys; trying to figure out how well I'll be able to get this top to seal. ~Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 02:25 PM
ronin

Re: Which windjammer to get?

I have the full windjammer set from Bestop. The curtain part does leave a gap around the cab as it attaches to the inside of roll bar rather than the cab. I don't really like the bikini top, it does not fit well at all. It flaps around no matter how tight I pull it. And it leaks when it rains. I am going to replace that part with something else as soon as I can afford it [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I am very happy with the curtain and deck cover though since I only use them in the summer.

Here is a pic of mine with the bikini top. I don't think I have any with the windjammer and deck cover on:

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 08:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Steve you can borrow my bestop windjammer if you want...I think it will convence you to buy a kayline...the gap sucks, but one thing it does well is reduce the size of the cab in the winter...I am thinking of making a patern and making my own design, complete with a zipper rear window, and wrap around attachments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 10:26 AM

That sounds interesting... Let us know how it turns out.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2002, 11:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, sounds like I don't even need to borrow it for a decision with a reply like that. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The biggest thing I'm worried about is keeping warm. With no top anymore, the Kayline is looking like a good idea at this point. I'm just curious how the top portion seals (ie, if its like a Bestop or not). I also am worried about how tight the Kayline is. I will be making a new main bar for my roll cage eventually and want the 'jammer to still fit. Thanks for the offer, I'll let ya know! ~Steve
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 04:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Opinions/pictures of Kaylines, anyone? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ~Steve
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 06:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Steve, I have a plan, hope to get it priced out to have it made for a canvas half-cab, that seals real good... BTW did you do your own cage? and what welding calsss are you in this spring I am taking WEL-108. And we might go wheeling this weekend, a few of us local sammys. so PM me if interested. Thom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode