Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   Dare to be different this Xmas (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/148208-dare-different-xmas.html)

RRich 12-24-2002 04:17 PM

Dare to be different this Xmas

I would like to wish everyone here a great Christmas, and
Happy Holidays.

How 'bout doing a little something this year that you'll
remember the rest of your life?
We all know of someone less fortunate than us, maybe a shut-in,
an old person, or someone diabled. Someone the world has
forgotten.

By "know of" I mean you don't know them, just know they are
there.

Take them a little gift, a box of candy, a stuffed animal,
something, it really doesn't matter what.

If you don't know anyone, drop by an old folks home, or any
hospital. The nurses can tell you who's left out.

You'll be amazed at how much that means to someone like that -
they'll never forget it, neither will you.

JIMZUKI 12-24-2002 04:23 PM

Re: Dare to be different this Xmas

howdy,
rich that is a great idea. by the way i'm insane and would love for someone to bring me a great body tub. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Fastone_84401 12-24-2002 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rich, point well taken. The best part of my holiday season this year was the trip I made to Toy-R-Us. Not for my kid, (he's 18) but for some toys to put in the Toys For Tots collection box. I wish I could have done even more, maybe adopted a child from the Angel tree as we have done in years past. It felt really good to put toys in a box for some child that might not have received anything.

We all could spend a little time helping our neighbor, no matter who that neighbor might be.

Peace tonight.

dschwab9 12-24-2002 10:09 PM

The staff at my office had the opportunity to adopt a low-income family this year.
Someone brought in a tree, decorations and lights they weren't using. We got a list from the parents of things the kids had asked for, and everyone pitched in a few dollars to go shopping.
The feeling is like no other, seeing the kids thrilled just because they were going to have a christmas tree this year and knowing that they were able to have christmas this year because our staff was willing to make a sacrifice and help them out.

If you have the opportunity to make the season a little brighter for someone, even if it's just saying "Merry Christmas" or sending a card, do it! You won't regret it . . .

Billy Bob 12-25-2002 01:26 PM

jimzuki, i know yer insane man, heck, we all gots ta be to drive these tipemovereasy SUZUKI'S!!! check yer pms for body info....
BiLLy bOb

outlawmws 12-25-2002 01:31 PM

Great Idea RRich!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Hope its a happy and safe one!

- Outlaw