would anyone want a indiglo gauges for sammi? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

View Poll Results: would anyone want to help me get some indiglo gauges made for a sammi?
Yes 4 57.14%
No 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

would anyone want a indiglo gauges for sammi?

howdy,

see they need at least 20 saying yes with a credit card on file. they might cost upto $120 so i know some might just say no. but the real problem would be that there are what two different stlye. pre 88.5 non-tach and after 88.5 tach. sorry i got lucky, i have the 88.5 tach rite now.
and on top of that with alittle more cash you could have an image placed on the gauge. like a suzuki S or anything else. check out the website and let me know in this post.
Speed Hut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 05:34 AM
Veteran

Re: would anyone want a indiglo gauges for sammi?

What about pre-88.5 with tach? How much would that cost?
Are we talking brand new gauges, or dress-up parts for old gauges? Would the brightness be variable? TIA
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
from what i know when i order the one for my wife's focus. all you do is remove the factory gauge plastic cover, then remove the gauge cover number film and replace with the new one. these come with a new dimmer that lets you pick how brite you want it. the neat thing about it is that you can choose images or words to show up on the gauge. like with my wife's, when is turns it on at nite she can see "i Love You" in the speedo with a heart in the tach. it is basically a new cover film for the old gauges. prices should not go above $150 with all the opitoins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 05:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Make them on your computer using paint shop, and you can compensate for the variance in speed reading. That is what I did...actually it was done for me..then just buy the indiglo bulbs.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 07:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

BTW I can copy them at work, in color, with the transparencies, guess I could sell them for $5.00 will try to post a pic of it. I would just send you the sheet, you would have to cut them out...let me know if there is interest...btw it is and adjustment of 20%
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i would love a set. you got a pic?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 08:52 PM
pugrocker

the samurais do not have a plastic cover (film cover type thingamabob) for the gauges like most new cars do - the speedometer and tach are metal with the graphics screened on....and they are illuminated from the top and side and are not backlit.....so I am not sure how a cover for the gauges would look / work?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 09:23 PM
Veteran

Thanks Pug. That's why I was asking Jimmie if the price included new gauges. I don't see any way to change the look of the old gauges since there isn't a "film". I would be willing to spend $150 on a brand new gauge cluster with a tach though.
BTW, Satchmo, where do you buy indiglo bulbs? That's a new one on me!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 02:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They have the indiglo-ish style lights at our autozone here. I don't know what they really look like installed.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 02:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I will try to take a pic of it. what you have under the plastic is a thick black plastic. It is almost as thick as a license plate. what you do is to "dim" down the sheets is to add a regular piece of paper behind it. I suppose you could add just about any color paper or maybe a "gel" filter like you see at rock concerts to achieve your own personal scheme. The set up I have is a lite blue clouds with the tach and MPH. there are a feew keys to remember when changing these. One when you are putting your tach needle back on you have to have it on "0" RPM to begin with it is not weighted like the MPH side. Two the longer you take arranging them and cutting them out the better they look. I will try to get a pic up in the next day or two. HTH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode