Selling my Zuk - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
CSR

Selling my Zuk

After giving it Much thought, I've decided to sell my Samurai. I absolutely Love crawling rocks and running hardcore trails, but I also want my wife and two children to be involved in what I do. It's time to build a family fourwheeler, a little less hardcore and more comfortable. There's only room in the budget for one trail rig. I've looked around at several alternatives, 4Runners are overpriced and usually have a million miles on them. I like Cherokees and think they have lots of potential, Jeep parts aren't cheap, tho. I've decided on a 4-door 4x4 Sidekick, 95 or later(16V).

Anyway, back to the Zuk. This has been my baby for over five years. It's a '87 JX, w/tach. Starting at the front.... Ramsey REP8000, custom bumpers F&R, Breeze X-over steering, Birfield rings, 5.13:1 gears, pumpkin caps, panhard bar, stock 1.3L(leaks a little oil but runs good, stock carb w/vent tube works really good on off-camber), GRSII, beefed t-case mounts, skidplate, custom nerf bars, traction bar, Hyundai seats, full cage, fold down windshield. The doors, targa, windshield and tailgate are in good shape, 'cause they're usually at home while I'm trail riding. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] 15x8" MRT beadlocks with 2" backspacing, new 33x12.50 Goodyear MT/R's. I have two sets of spare axle shafts and other parts to go with it. Never wrecked, never taken off the pavement.... [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here are a few recent pics robbed from Mark Q's website and IZOOK....

More info HERE....
Located in west Tennessee, asking $4500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
CSR

Re: Selling my Zuk

back to the top
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 07:01 PM

nice zuk!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 07:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Well Chris hate to see ya get rid of her, But your atleast keeping it in the zuk family by going kick. Hope it sells for ya.
To you guys lookin I have seen Chris rig wheel and it Goes!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 08:26 PM

Chris

Sorry to see you selling your buggy. I think you should go try the Disney waterfall again before you let it go. Actually I am curious to see what you think of the breeze cross over steering. Are you running power steering. I currently have a z-link and no power steering and I need to do something, as it is a handful with the front locker. I was also curious what suspension set up you are running because it looks like it has good articulation. This is a good deal folks, you will spend far more than this building one up from scratch.

John
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
CSR

Hey John, overall, I like the Breeze steering. As you can see in one of the pics above, I can drive over some pretty gnarly stuff with one hand. Don't have power steering. The only disadvatage that I've seen is the pass. side arm with it's caliper and kingpin bolts slows down an axle change.

I made my own missing link type suspension with rear springs in the front and CJ front springs in the rear. Scored a 960-something on a 30* ramp..... BTW, that's with the traction bar attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 974615-Jul14_04s.JPG (85.7 KB, 3 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 08:30 AM

I will not allow this to happen! I forbay you Chris from selling the Zuk!
Oh Well, I still have video of us in Clayton and Disney so it will really never go away. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 04:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the guy formally known as CSR writes:

My e-mail and internet is down, I'm signed in on my mom's computer right now. My internet service sold out and I didn't re-subscribe because the e-mail address I've had for years was going to change, and this is a good excuse to lose 56K and go cable. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If anyone wants to contact me about the Zuk, either call me @ 731-986-4188 or e-mail [email protected]
It may take a day or so for me to answer e-mails while my system is down.

dparker: If you read this, call me if you wanna come get those parts Zuks this weekend.

Later!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
CSR

I'm back online, cable internet RULES!

I've decided to keep the Samurai. Add a seat and change the cage for the kids, maybe swap in a 16V later. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 11:11 AM

Great to hear Chris. Do like I did. I put in a single bucket seat and installed a 4 point harness. The best thing about the harness is when they fall asleep it keeps them upright and in place. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode