Sidekick: Question about part of the distributor - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 10:49 PM
happy2b1

Sidekick: Question about part of the distributor

[b]<font color="purple">What it the correct name of the part: attached to the top of distributor, once you take off the cap &amp; rotor , its a black piece 2 screws hold it in place.
Is it called the Hall Effect pickup or cam sensor unit or is it something else like the ignition module?
looks like it has 4-prongs too . it seems the parts stores I've called are clueless!!..so I wanna know what it is i should be asking for.(at least i can sound like i know what I'm talking about when i call. haha)

someone told me( that part) has something to do with distributor and the volts it sends out and it effects how the plugs fire up. but what do I know..that's why I'm asking here :-)
I was going to search web for the part because the closest Suzuki dealer is 100+ miles away &amp; closed till monday

Also,when I call the parts store about a replacement distributor and they asked if my distributor has small rotor cam or big rotor cam..how can I tell?.

~Thanks~
92 Sidekick 1.6L ,16valve,EFI,automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 11:34 AM

Re: Question about Sidekick Distributor

In a Sami it's officially called an ignitor assembly, Unless things changed dramatically to your year Kick, it
should be the same.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 01:15 AM
happy2b1

Re: Question about Sidekick Distributor

hummmm, i thought the ignitor assembly (on sidekick)was connected to the ignition coil..
what do I know! that's why I posted question here

~Thanks~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 01:28 AM

Re: Sidekick: Question about part of the distributor

<font color="blue"> You still trying to get this thing running. Your auto parts store will not have these parts, sorry to tell you. Call Brent at Trail Tough for these parts. They are used but he has them and it's better than paying the full price for the new stuff if you can ever find them. Anyways, inside the distributor is the pickup module, the igniter is by the coil. Again, this is if they are any thing like the fuel injected samurai's, which in all honesty they don't seem to be but they should be roughly the same. Did you get your ECM checked out yet? If not I think you are chasing your tail trouble shooting this thing. I bought my 91 about a month ago. Had $1600 on the windshield at a used car dealership, seen it there for 3 years, never moved. Owner couldn't get it running, wouldn't start, no spark, he swore it was the pickup module because he replaced everything else. I called Brent looking for this part, he told me not to waste my time and get the ECM rebuilt. I was going to get one from him but I had it done locally with a warranty. Anyways, I got this thing for half off, only 50k on the odometer and I had it running in less than a week and he spent 3 years working on it. The funny thing is that I gave him Brents phone number and the option to call him for parts before he sold it to me but he was so sick of the thing he told me just to take it.

Wes. </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode