Added an extra 1" of lift to the Samurai - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Added an extra 1\" of lift to the Samurai

Well, I was bored tonight so I decided to go wrench on the Zuk for a bit. I finished sleeving the inside of the frame where my front bumper used to mount (I installed two of the four sleeves when I did it before because I needed to do some grinding to get the others to fit). After that, I decided I'd make a set of hybrid rear springs. I pulled a leaf out of a set of YJ 4-packs I had laying around and added it to the 5-packs I already have in the back. I did it mainly to hopefully reduce the axle wrap a bit (I really need to get a traction bar). I ended up gaining about an 1" of lift outta the deal, so I'm happy. And let me say... man, it felt good to be out wrenchin' on the Samurai again! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ~Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 12:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Added an extra 1\" of lift to the Samurai

Steve well have to get together and go wheeling sometime. Sounds like you are coming along with yor mean mo'chine
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 01:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Definitly! Not sure if you remember me or not, but we met at Red Top a long time ago. I'm sure you do, though. I hope to be 'wheeling again around Feb. or so. Swing by and register at www.colorado4x4.org if you get a chance. It's a great site, and we need another Samurai guy over there! ~Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 09:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes I sure to remember you....btw do you still work at red top? when we go in on Sundays I look for you but havent seen much of ya of late.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 12:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, I still work there, but I don't work on Sundays anymore. That would explain why you haven't seen me! [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Lately, I've been working Tues morning and night, Thurs/Fri night, and Satur morning. It has basically been scheduled around my college schedule, but I'm off for about a month now, so who knows what I'll be working. No Sundays, though; that's my day off. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ~Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode