Samy tcase in a tracker???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 08:39 PM
wheelnrock

Samy tcase in a tracker????

Has anyone put a samy tcase in a auto, 4x4 tracker or sidekick?Is this possible to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 12:45 AM
Happy_Trails

Re: Samy tcase in a tracker????

I have a 93 Sidekick with auto and has heard about doing the sammi T-case thing...I guess it's because the gearing is lower. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast

Bill me and bansenshukai ran the numbers on gearing and what not but in my kick if i was to run a 5 speed out of a 2wd wich is the same gearing as a sammy tranny and a sammy t case that is with the 5.125 it would with 33's put you 500 rpms bellow stock wich is good yes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 02:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Can it be done? YES. Simple. Build a prop shaft with half a trackick rear drive shaft and half a sami prop shaft. Fab up a nice crossmember and build up some drive shafts and you now have a high gear reduction which will now allow for bigger tires without putting r&p's.

Personally I'm going with the OTT adapter that mates a toyota gear reduction unit and tcase behind the trackick trany and gear reduction unit. This way it eliminates a prop shaft and you can double up or triple up toyota gear reduction units until your wallet bleeds.

Not to mention cheap sami tcases are gettign hard to find up here but you can find a toyota tcase and gear reduction unit for cheap cheap.

But what you want can be done no problem. Torch Time.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 02:41 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yes it is doable thats what I am doing with WW3. I am going to run the auto trans/transfer them prop shaft to the sami t-case with GRS1-2 in a custom mount then toyota d-shaft to my toy axles. You need to sneak the front d-shaft arount the tracker/kick output (or get the OTT kicker) so I am using a toyota rear driveshaft set that I have from a xtra cab.
(they go back to a pillow block and then onto the diff. a 2 piece driveshaft) I will clock the t-case a bit and them mount the pillow block to clear the front t-case then onto the front diff. Shaffer runs a set-up like this (or did)
on his rock buggy.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 03:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Heres a pic for ya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 968456-886244-shaffer14.jpg (84.6 KB, 52 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 07:21 PM
Wyld_Bill

Too bad you couldn't just hack off that part of the Track/Kick t-case that hangs down in the way.
BTW Glenn what was wrong with your Samurai to make you go though all this BS??? Need a new challenge? [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 10:10 AM
Keyboard Implanted

The front output Could be "hacked off then machined flat and
a few mounting tabs welded on and a new aluminum plate bolted in the opening. (the tracker is chain driven.)
was actally going to do it this way and then decieded that an optional PTO output might be fun!

Yes the new challange was it. I was going to have to rip the suspension and axles out of WW2 to swap in the toys and coils,
and I wanted an AUTO and 2 t-cases too (and a 1.6L) so I decieded while bed ridden this summer might as well build the new WW3 from the ground up. And I get the bigger interior
and nice seats allready. (and the wife is going to wheel with me more now too.. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 11:06 AM
Keyboard Implanted

With that pto, wonder if it could be turned on and off via the 4x4 lever, using something sorta like the 2wd low funky shift pattern on the samurai transfer case. Wonder how/if that would work.
8k PTO winch?, welder?, PTO hitch/output in the front?, lawnmower, HJAHAHAHHAHA build a lawn mower!!!!!!!!!!!!! That'd be awesome!!!! 1st gear low, 4000rpm, cutting grass in style!! BAHAHAHAHH!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I got a 9K lb winch on it allready so the PTO winch is out,
welder or snowblower? I figure just pop the 2nd t-case in N
and engage 4wd on the tracker- instant pto power... Probley never do anything with it but a conversation piece if nothing else/ [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode