A little about yourself - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

A little about yourself

Lets learn a little more about each other.---And post pics of yourselves and your families. It is nice to be able to put a face to the names. Pics of your rigs are optional [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I am 46 years old and have been married to the same wonderful woman for 25 years.We have a great son (Chris) who has been in the USMC for three years. We moved from S. Florida to Alaska 22 years ago where I started building homes. Soon got tird of that and went into light aircraft repair.
Mostly repairing Fabric covered Pipers. Got tired of smelling the chemicals used for fabric work and decided to make a living from my hobby---Computers . THEN IT HAPPENED

I fell in love -- I saw a slightly Modified Zook being driven through a swamp.
The rest is history
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 10:43 AM

Re: A little about yourself

grew up in Mesa AZ we had a small dairy, and since 1981, I have lived in Northern Utah, all over Nevada (LV area, and Carson city area) and, here in Western Idaho.

Graduated at Utah State with a BS in Electrical Engineering and was a couple of quarters short of getting my BS
degree in Mechanical Engineering, currently working on my MS Electrical Engineering Degree.

Been working with Memory Devices and electronic applications for them for the last 6 years

been married for 12 years and have 5 children,

Been in -60 degree weather skiing, and on the flip side been in 135 degree weather on a tarmack.
been stupid enough to drive my motor cycle 160mph, when I had it
used to down hill race (skiing at 103 mph), and have been pulled behind a boat 75mph at Lake Powell...

now with that said, that is one major reason why I drive a samurai, there is now way I am going to be going
fast in it, it won't let me....LOL but with a 1600 in it, it makes driving not so gutless....

I have been driving this samurai for the last 12 years and 2 months...

it is currently going through another evolution of change.. so it is not like this picture right now...
but this is the most current picture I have of it right now..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 11:07 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
my name is jimmie. i live in sharonville ohio with my wife, daughter, three dogs, three cats. i work for the city of mason ohio in parks & rec. me and my wife got married last year. pic below.

i also run my own carpet & tile resteration company called Spotless Image. i also raise fully akc paper rotties, rowdy & sheba. we just got a puppy named harley from the humane assoc. my cats are sammi, got him the sammi month as the samurai, storm and sabbath. i grew up in geere south carolina on a farm, and now have a pet farm of my own. traded cows and horses for dogs and cats. here's a pic of me and my little girls. the one on the hood is my real love.

yes i'm wearing her hat, it chilly out. also a pic is attached of my favorite cat storm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 951952-Storm.JPG (17.2 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 11:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was born and raised in west texas until I was 13, then we moved to orlando FL. Stayed there till i went to college at Florida State (GO NOLES). After college I met my wife, but we werent married till I finished two years abroad in the Peace Corps. I was stationed in a small island nation in the pacific called Kiribati. For those of you who are WWII buffs, that is where the battle of Tarawa happened (that is the only thing that has happened there). Got back, married my wife who waited for me and started graduate school (anything to delay work) in Industrial Organizatinal Psychology (what the hell is that?!) currently i am still in the process.

I dont have a picture of my zuki (or a digital camera). It is a daily driver tin top. I always wanted one after a friend of mine had one. I think it shares alot of traits with the old willys jeep, light and underpowered.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 12:08 PM
Happy_Trails

Born and raised in upsayte New York.(Albany area)Use to ski and ride dirt bikes back in the day. I skied all over new england and rode dirt bike(suzuki 125) all over adirondacks.My folks had a trailer up in the adirondacks we would go to weekends right on a lake.My folks had a 72 International scout that got handed down to me. Thats when I got the 4wheeling bug.I put Desert Dogs on it and drove it just about anywhere.Took it to a few events in Pa. But then got the van bug. That was back in the day when vans were the thing. So I traded the scout for a ford van and customized the inside with a bed and all nine yards. Then it was party time going to "van ins" all over NY and New England.I then traded that in for a jeep.The idea behide that was my future brother-in-law at the time wanted me to work with him in Maine on installing cable and would need a 4wd.Well never went to maine and ended up selling jeep.It was downhill from there,ended up with a junk ford courier pick-up and then a VW bug.Somehow the bug disappeared and pick-up I gave away to a garage.(long story) Anyway, moved to CT. in 82 for work @ Electric Boat as a welder. Went to school in NY for welding before the move.OK,cut to modern day to make this shorter.Today I am married 13 years with two kids,Zak 12 and Amber 17.Zak had a kidney transplant over a year ago and is doing great. Amber better graduate high school this year.Right now I work @ Coca cola picking order and loading trucks. I had worked in a foundry for 5 years but was laid off.Worked for EB 12 years all together before all that.I bought a 87 sammi back in 89.All I did to it was bigger tires and shocks.Drove that thing everywhere.But then I had another kid and traded it for a bigger family vehicle.Now I own a 93 Sidekick that bought off ebay. I just mounted 235's on it and hope to install 3 inch body lift soon. Well this is the short version...LOL....could go on forever I guess. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 12:40 PM

HEY VENDERS speak up. I would like to hear about you...

maybe how you got involved into samurai's and stuff...

thank
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 01:17 PM
HankS

Texas born in 1970. Been into four wheelin since I could drive. Started with Jeeps and mud, moved to full size trucks and mud, then back to jeeps. I found the Samurai a cheaper solution to replacing tranny's in the Land Rover. I am no longer intrigued by the mud and find that you can have just as much fun at < 1 mph as you can redlining a truck with 44's....

The Shank Family consists of Me, the Wife: Calli, and Son: Chase.....Pics attached...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 952080-CALLI1.JPG (20.6 KB, 71 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 01:23 PM
HankS

Here is a pic of me and the little guy Christmas last year. His first Christmas. We were learning about cows!

Hank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 952087-ChaseChristmas2.jpg (15.0 KB, 77 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 01:52 PM

Been Married to my hubby Nathan for 4 1/2 years.. no kids yet except two dogs, a Pomeranian and an English Setter. Our main hobbies include off-roading, radios, skiing, camping, fishing, geocaching, computers.... etc. We keep ourselves busy. The attachment is a picture of Nathan and me in Yellowstone on our second anniversary.

He plays with a 1999 Durango with the 5.9L and I play with my 4 Door Kick.

Heather
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 952115-DCP00857 (Medium).JPG (63.0 KB, 89 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 02:12 PM

A little bit about my wife and I...
http://members.shaw.ca/bcwildwood/bio.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode