Will 11.50's rub with 7" rim with 3 1/2" BS? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Will 11.50\'s rub with 7\" rim with 3 1/2\" BS?

Since I've been on the subject of tires the last couple posts I thought I'd give ya one more. I really like the center tread design of the LTB's better the TSL's but the 31" LTB is a 11.50 compared to the 10.50 TSL. I know Jeepn runs 11.50 street tires on a 7" rim and hasn't had any problems. I'm not worried about the tires sticking out past the flares cause I'll just do the lawn edge thing. I just don't want them rubbing off of the springs at full lock or under suspension compression. I heard a few stories about people trying to run 12.50's but they said they rubbed WAY to much and had to take them off. I have a friend at a fab shop that just picked up 3 zuks to mess with and they already started making driveshaft spacers and are working on getting some wheel spacers made next. I just didn't want to invest in spacers if I didn't have too. Anyone running 11.50's without a 2" BS rim? I won't mind a little rub [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but I don't want to take chunks off my inside side lugs either or break a birfield. Thanks again guys!

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 10:05 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: Will 11.50\'s rub with 7\" rim with 3 1/2\" BS?

Yes, they will rub as that is the combo I am running on the street, and they rub at full lock.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 11:22 PM

yup! i have a 31 x 11.50 and they rub with a 3 1/2" bs wheel. i am not sure how wide they are but i think they are 7 or 8.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Do you have any pics of those tires on your zuk? What brand of tire is it? How bad do they rub and is it only when your at full lock or do they rub constantly, say in the wheelwell when your stuffing a tire. I could put up with a little rubbing until I can afford some wheel spacers, but I don't want to ruin the tires in the meantime. When you think about it most time on the trails unless your in a really tight spot the wheels are hardly ever at full lock. I would really like having the extra stability with the 11.50's. Thanks for the help.

Matt
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 01:29 PM

they rub at full lock and at full compression here is a pic flexin with em.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 952090-newsammi14.jpg (93.8 KB, 44 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 10:49 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Mine rub only at full lock, but they do rub bad when turning tight. Mine don't have the side lugs of the Stuckbirds though. Here is a recent pic I took while swapping the tires after the Huntoon Pond run at the beginning of this month.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 01:38 AM

that is the first thing that people say when they see my rig. everyone hates thornbirds. they are doing pretty good considering i payed 40 bucks for them and i have had them at least 6 months. the side lugs are also very aggressive and bite the sides of the ruts. i hate mud!!!! the type of wheeling that i do i can't complain a bit. i don't think i have ever been in a situation where i thought the tires were at total fault. so there.(sticks out tongue)i wouldn't pay full price for them though.

you jeep guys are only into mudding! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 03:43 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I have heard for sand and some terrain they do well. Up here, for the terrain we have, they are pitiful. Actually I con't care fo rmud a lot, it gets everywhere and ruins everything. I like just general trail riding with a lot of obstacles. For $40 who cares, that's a STEAL!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 12:42 AM

that's what i said "how much?" "i'll take em!" [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 08:16 AM

Hello Matt,

I've got a set of almost brand new 15X7 rims with 2 inch backspacing I'll sell for $125 plus shipping if you're interested.

later,
James
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode