Dishonest Board Member Strikes Again - Long - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Dishonest Board Member Strikes Again - Long

Sorry to post this crap here also (already posted to SWB), but you guys might benefit from it too.

Here's the *FIRST* instance of issues with this person.

Shortly before the first incident came to light, my brother was looking for stock parts to replace a grenaded front driveshaft and whining tranny. On my brothers behalf, I contacted this person via PM to inquire. He was very willing to ship the parts, we agreed on the price, and a MO was sent the following day. Now, near 30 days later, we don't have the parts. Many PMs, emails, and a phone call were placed during this time to try & find out the status on these parts. He finally PM'd back after the call that "things had come up". He also stated that "we lost a modem and couldn't reply" (the phone still seem to work and he had both our numbers[img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]). I replied back that was fine, but the lack of communications was unacceptable and we would be expecting parts or VALID tracking numbers by the Nov.20. I also stated that if this "deadline" wasn't met, my brother would file complaints with both the USPS & the local authorities in WI, and I would begin educating folks here regarding his accountability (or lack of it). I even sent reminders that the date was approaching, but never recieved acknowledgement he had got them.

Fast forward to tonight. His mommy [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] called to say that:
A) the parts hadn't been removed or shipped (after we were assured they were coming LAST month)
B) she preferred to return the money (he evidently gave her a lesser total than was he actually recieved [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])
C) if we still wanted the parts, she would insure they were removed during Thanksgiving "when he was out of school" and shipped
D) That "he's ONLY 17..."

My purpose is not to slander him, but to warn anyone thinking about dealing with him in the future. While the phone call from mommy was nice, it shows a consistent level of immaturity on his part.
Based on this, I'd recommend NOT dealing with him any further.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 11:22 PM
Way Outta Control

Re: Dishonest Board Member Strikes Again - Long

But you are still keeping it a secret -- out with it.
His handle,
His real name, his address, and his telephone numbers.
And anything else you know about him, picture, girlfriend
etc.

He's had more than enough chance.

I get suspicious if they won't ship UPS COD, no deal.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

"Truckboy"
Adam Miller
2522 100th Avenue
Dresser, WI 54009
(715)755-3042
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:37 AM

what is it with 17 yr olds ripping people off? a buddy of mine bought some parts for his tmax off of ebay and he called the kid to make sure they were in the mail.......turned out the kid was 12! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] he got his parts and had no trouble. i just found it humorus that a 24 yr. old was buying parts(for an r/c car) from someone half his age. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] LOL!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 04:02 AM

More to the point, what's with the "mommy" using the excuse "he's only 17" I tell you what, when I was "only 17" my parents had instilled enough values into me that I wouldn't dream of taking someones money and not follow through with the deal. Even now, when I'm hawking something on ebay, if I haven't shipped in a week I start to feel guilty.....sheesh!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 04:26 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I had posted about how I was trying to be patient wih an ebay transaction last week. No returned email. So I contacted others who had won stuff from the guy and one said he had to call him and the other was in the same situation I was in. I did call and again his mom said he was at school. College so a little older. Bottom line is I finally got the parts but don't think I should have to call. I'm becoming a little less trusting lately and figuring on only dealing with those I KNOW are good. Jim
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 05:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Caver Dave,
It is so nice of you to think of us, the "lowly samurai's" and warn us with this information. It is surely a god send that someone from the Jeep, nay, someone from the Jeepster community would have a heart big enough to include us. Three cheers for Splunker Dave!!!
[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Kevin
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 06:32 AM

Adam,

You should be ashamed of yourself for:

1.) Not following up on your word. ((Remember, we are only as good as our word.))

and

2.) Having your Mommy fight your battles for you.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ready for the funny bits?
I'll bet when I go home, if I look around my laptop, I CAN post a pic of his girlfriend!
R/T
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Can't Get Enough

This seems to be an ongoing problem... [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Can't we get dparker to post a "bad guys" list or something?

Hey d... you out there? what can we do about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode