RANT: More radiator woes...*#% grrrr! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

RANT: More radiator woes...*#%$Ratzfratzn grrrr!

Well my Tracker continues to torment me but tonight its all my fault! Monday, I ordered a warranty replacement for my radiator that I bought back in June as this one was pulling apart at the crimp and leaking.

So today its sunny and almost warm and I take a sick hour from work to get home and change my radiator before the sun goes down. Drain and pull the leaking one, leaving the shroud over the fan and pop the new one from the box, slip on the lower mount grommets and in with the new one. This is going so smoothly I feel like a NASCAR mechanic...

Son is there, so after reattaching the hoses I tell him to put the coolant back in while I get a washer from the shed. He comes out right away and says "how do you get the petcock closed so the fluid doesn't run out?" Now I had personally closed the petcock while laying under it and told him so. He says, "dad, its running out."

Seems when I pushed down to seat the grommet I didn't have it quite in the hole! So when I pushed down, the grommet stud on the bottom pushed up and cracked through the lower tank! AW Dang it! (or something like that...)

Took me just 5 minutes to turn $120 of brand new radiator into junk... I was (still am) so happy!

But I cut out the entire piece and with some JB Weld and a large washer I think I have a good fix. Just have to let it sit all night before putting it back in tomorrow.

RANT OFF [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 07:51 PM
Shortwave

Re: RANT: More radiator woes...*#%$Ratzfratzn grrrr!

Well...
If'n ya think yer the only one to do something like that!

Thought I was the only one Murphy watched ALL the time.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 08:02 PM

My boss used to let his friends come into the shop and do work on there own vehicles. One day this guy was in there doing a motor swap and he had a brand new rad because his old one was rotted out. He started getting frustrated and threw a screwdriver over in the corner. It bounced off a few things and right into his shinny new rad. I couldn't help but laugh and to this day I still bug him when I see him. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 07:04 AM

i stuck a fork in the side of a paint spray can pait went shooting every where ( i was using the fork to short out the code plug to see what was wrong this time and it gave me the same code it did every time anything went wrong with it ) i finally sold it at 150,000 miles
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 01:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

HAHA, my engine fell over onto a can of wd-40, went everywhere, PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTSsssssssss........ [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 04:48 PM

yesterday i was working on my rear axle i had it up on blocks on one of those flimsy tables and moved it a bit the axle took off a chunk of the table and fell to the ground while i was still holding kindof dragging me acrost the table

did i mention the can of paint was in the passenger floorboard of my truck i threw it out the window as fast as i could but it still sprayed every where
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 12:05 PM
Bootsy

Washed my hair with gear oil taking a front wheel drive car apart. You cannot wash that gear oil stink out. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode