I Need Help! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 04:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I Need Help!

i'm buying a sammi, and any info you guys have on where i should get started would help. i need recommendations for mods and what not. i would like to set it up for trail ridin and street. i'm new to the offroadin scene so any info will be greatly appreciated!

p.s.
i need a sammi, so if anybody has one cheap, i'm interested.

THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 06:38 PM

Re: I Need Help!

Wheel it stock for awhile and see how you like it(also save your money up for mods). I'd go with a spring over, 31's and a 4.16 tcase. Then you'll want Xover steering and maybe a panhard bar.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 07:21 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I agree, learn to wheel it stock, or nearly stock, and most of all, KNOW why you are making the modifications to it. You'll be impressed at where it'll go, you'll know its limitations, and you'll learn how to read a trail, so when you do make the mods, they'll be worth a lot more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 08:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Guys! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Keep em comin!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 10:21 PM

Just saw one for sale this week on the base Lemon Lot. Very clean, minor surface rust in the wheel wells, tan top and stock. $1500. Its at Hill AFB in Utah.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 10:30 PM

I wheeled mine stock and then the mods started happening, basic spring over with 32 and 5.13's.......and now I have toy running gear,4.88 and locked front and rear. I fully believe in----- DOING IT ONCE AND DOING IT RIGHT.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 11:22 PM
Journeyman

Do some searching, and ask around, I found mine DOA in a guys front yard. 86000 hiway miles only, his little sister drove it to college.Its an 88. She wanted $300 all I had on me was $250 she took it. It did have 2 stuck valves, but this was a fairly easy fix for me. I know these kinds of deals are rare, but they are still out there. Just keep looking!!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 06:47 PM

Actually there are 2 Sammis for sale on the base Lemon Lot tonight. First one I mentioned on prior post, 2nd one is a little rougher but has tow bar and hard top and soft top. Hood is dinged up, looks like tow bar folded back too far maybe. The price tag had fallen down so can't the asking price for it. Both have square dashes and tachos too.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 08:06 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i got my first sammi when i was 16. i traded my uncle a cordless drill for it. i loved wheelen it stock. the first things i did was all engine work. i unlike most on this broad modifried the 1.3L. man let me tell you before i lifted the sammi, it would straight out fly. then when i started lifting it i got the chance to go places with it off road that i could only dream about when it was stock. and yes at one time i had a s-10 baja that i wheeled but at that time the sammi was stock. i even used the sammi to drive to school. and in my younger age i went threw 2 sets of rear tyres before i lifted the sammi. just a simple fact of more power than rubber and a young brain. btu hey i'm only 22 now but the sammi has helped me grow up, and i still love her like my wife, and daugther.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 08:55 PM
Addict

Yea i agree buy one and drive it stock and get to know it and how it handles in most situations. I had mine stock for a year or two as it goes off road and well as a daily driver for me. I wanted to know all about it and its handling ability and once I felt comfortable I modified it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode