Zuwharrie question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Zuwharrie question

I want to attend one of the Zuk meets and since I live about three hours away from Uhwarrie, I thought it might be a good starter. Am I correct in my understanding that a stock Zuk will be able to run most of the trails there? My Zuk has new 235 M/T tires and is lifted an inch. It also has a spool in the rear. Other than that, it is stock. The main limitation associated with my Zuk is an inexperienced driver where offroading is concerned. Some of you guys that have ran some of the trails there and attended that meet, is my truck up to it?

I want to have fun, but I don't want to be a burden on everyone else. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 09:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Zuwharrie question

uwarrie is a great place for beginning wheelers....there are tough obstacles...but you can pretty much take a stock truck through any of the trails.....there are bypasses for the big obstacles.....keep an eye out for zuwharrie updates....the next event will most likely be in the middle of april.... zuwharrie
Hope to see you there
Corey
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 10:20 AM
Old Hand

Corey is right....Uwharrie is a great place for Zuks!

I've run the trails at uwharrie with a completely stock suspension and 235/75's. It did great! With M/T's and a Spool you won't have any problems. You can make the trails as tough as you want just by taking a harder line.

We have trailrides for beginners/intermediate and for expert/modified. We haven't decided on a date yet but looks to be around the midle of April. Hope to see you there!

If you have any more questions, just ask [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 10:50 AM
SPAMurai

don't forget that the trails at Uwharrie are closed from Dec. to ?? every winter. don't know the exact dates.
steve o'
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 12:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Brad, have no concerns about being a burden. We plan the event to encompass every type of driver and truck. We have guys in well set up trucks who are familiar with the trails that love to guide the inexperienced and less modified Zuk drivers through. These guys will do damn near anything to help you through without damage to you or your truck. Anyone can make it through Uwharrie in stock form, just listen to the trail guides and ask for help if you even have an inkling of thought that you may need it. They won't laugh at you or put you on the spot, they are there to help. I have ran a stocker through, as well as a modified Zuk, and had a great time in each of them. If you have any questions in particlular, let me know.
We are updating the Zuwharrie website to include many more pics and (hopefully, if I ever get off my rear and send the materials to Derek)some video of the obstacles, that way you can see we're not B-S'n ya, you can make it through.
Hope you make it up in April!
R/T
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 12:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just got off the phone with the Uwharrie Ranger Station, the park will be closed to ORV from Dec 15 until April 1st. Jay, if possible, can you call me this week and we'll line up a date for the event. I've got my cell phone 24/7
R/T
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 12:30 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hey brad, come out man. youll have a blast. your zuk is completely ready for zuwharrie as everybody has told ya so far. hope to see ya in april...
BiLLy bOb
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

I plan on being there this spring provided nothing gets in the way. I am dieing to get to one of these meets. Charlotte is not but about three hours from my house so this will be the perfect meet for a starter. I also can't wait to meet some of you guys. Billy Bob, Surly, JBird, the first beer is on me.

My biggest concern is getting back and having to enroll in Zukaholics Anonymous!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 03:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Brad, you forgot me, but that's ok, I make it a habit not to drink my first , or any other beer for that matter, off a guy, so those guys are welcome to that! lol...it'll be a pleasure to meet you.
R/T
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 03:51 PM
Old Hand

R/T,

E-mail me your phone number....I seem to have misplaced it! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode