Center Console Question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Center Console Question

I remember seeing on the web somewhere an overhead console for a samurai. I'm not positive. I can't seem to find what I saw. It had a mount for a stereo and a CB. I was wondering if any of you know what I'm talking about and can tell me where I saw it. If not I guess I'll make my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 04:28 PM

Re: Center Console Question

Roadless Gear has one listed. Try this site:

http://www.roadlessgear.com/Merchant...egory_Code=TSU
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 06:59 PM

i have my old one it is just tube so i mount on top of it with double stick tape since it is just tubes it doesnt block cb speakers or colect much dirt it mounts to the bars that go from the targa bar to the window frame the new ones i am working on should mount to either hard tops or soft it is wider and hangs a little lower and the one i built for me hangs a little lower yet so i could mount a 30 cal ammo can on it but i have a fiberglass hard top that gives me a little more heigth it would definately push up on a soft top
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 947372-console.JPG (35.7 KB, 45 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

I think I might just build my own out of 16 gauge steel like the one that farther showed but only so it will attach to the windshield frame and targa bar, and maybe if it's not too hard to do the flip down stereo for security.

Hey Tony how do you like that rear view mirror? I saw one of those before and was wondering how they work. Where do you get them from?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 10:01 PM

it is pretty nice i think kragens has them this one was given to me - the mounts keep in mind if you build a console to go from front to back you will probably hit your head on it if you are tall my seat sits high (not stock and i allmost hit my head on the targa bar i have had the one pictured for ove a year and have never hit it i have hit my head on the bar above the door a couple of times (i am clumbsy) so we will see if i start hitting the new one as far as stereo security i have found i can get the 30 cal ammo cans for $3.00 so i cut them and make them deeper to fit a stereo then i weld a lock mechanism on them so i end up with a reasonably secure water and dust proof container plus i put my registration and inshurance info in there as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 947557-stereo 1s.JPG (42.7 KB, 38 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

I don't have to worry about hitting my head as I have 6" plus clearance between my head and the soft top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode