Suzuki Not starting : ( - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 10:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Suzuki Not starting : (

Hi i have a 88 Sammi and have dropped in a 83 buick motor, recently where i live there was a massive Rain storm and decided to go through some deep puddle , well this might have been not the best decision as i am now realizing!!
after i went through a puddle about 3' deep i made it through no problem but after i drove about 1 km the sammi started choking and then died out and refused to start for the past week. I checked for spark and there is spark and fuel is getting to the cylinders as plugs were wet after excessive pedal pumping. My conclusion is that there is water in the gas line , does this sound right? or is there something else i should look at? and should i drain the tank or just the lines and carb? thanks WET Sammi [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 11:02 AM

Re: Suzuki Not starting : (

My guess is that the Buick transplant didn't take and is being rejected by the Samurai. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 11:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have had the buick engine runnign for quite a while now in the sammi , ( about 2000kms ) and havent had a single problems ( minus some oil leaks )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 11:31 AM

It sounds like you have either inhaled some water into the tank and sucked it into the carb
(assumption on you having a carb), or wet the inside of the dist.

You will stillhave spark from the coil and maybe even to the plugs, but it will be crossfireing. Take
the cap and rotor off and dry the inside off complely. try som ether starter spray to see if you
have any fire in the engine. If you do but it wont run, its probably the fuel.

Disconectthe lines at the fuel pump and blow the lines back to the tank.
drain the tank, you can probably salvage most of the fuel as the water will separate almost totally.
blow the pump to carb line clear also. Take the top off the carb and soak the bowl dry with a rag.
reconnect and refill, adding some fuel line "antifreeze" to absorb the remaining moisture.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 12:56 PM

It sounds to me like there's water in the distributor. Take the cap off and dry it off. It should be as good as new. I once power washed my Samurai and got about a mile from the car wash before it died. It took me a while to figure out what I did.

I think you'd have to get LOTS of water in the gas tank to make this happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode