Now I gotta fix the Zuk! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Now I gotta fix the Zuk!

Went wheeling yesterday, and now I have a few things to fix. I broke out the driver side window, tweaked the T-case mount hard, and submerged it kinda deep, so there's mud everywhere. All in all it was a great time though. The Zuk did well, even though it's only locked in the rear and on 32's, and I was proud when one Jeep guy said "You know, that thing impresses me more and more each time I see it, it just keeps going". Some of the pics were taken at night, with a weak flash (damn digital), so they are kinda grainy, but are cleaned up as much as I could. It was a great time, and I am going to host a spring run up here.

By the way, this is not me, it's a friend who was catching the tow strap.

This is how deep the mud was, this guy is runing 36's, a built 360, with F/R lockers, and he's not moving.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 07:36 AM
Old Hand

Re: Now I gotta fix the Zuk!

nice pics it must have been a good time but it had to have been cold im up for a run upthere in the spring just let me know
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Yep, in fact, it's snowing today, we have 3" on the ground so far. Some guys left their rigs there to pick up later as it was well into dark, but I'm glad I took mine home. It was an awesome time, some breakage, and a lot of towing for some of the people (locked F/R but bald Swampers or good Swampers and open diffs), but nobody complained. Someone asked me what time it was, and my reply was "about a quarter past ignorance, coming up on stupid".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 09:46 AM
Happy_Trails

COOL pics...That mud looks pretty nasty! How did you break that window ? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 12:35 PM

I broke 3 windows in mud before! one was bumpy and sent my head flyin into it OUCH! next time I was pretty pissed about being stuck and put my fist into it OUCH! last time I rolled onto a tree and it busted it out in fact cracked the windshield to!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 07:17 PM
Wyld_Bill

SWEEEET!!! So that's what you've been up to. I gotta ovah there this spring! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Well, if you look at both the doors, they are really tweaked from the last rollover and leaning into so many trees. The window never went all the way up, well it did, but the top was dented downwards so it only went so far. I closed it, have to slam it because it doesn't fit, and it shattered. Luckily it was all the way down so I didn't get covered in glass. They were going to become my 1/2 doors anyway, so no big deal. I usually don't wheel with doors, but I knew the mud was deep and it's a PITA to get all the mud out of the cab.

WB: We go out every Saturday at 1PM. We meet at a local garage and hit a variety of trails, depending on who's going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode