lift kits - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

lift kits

I want to lift my samurai with a spoa or shackle reservse. Which gives the best street ride? I hate the way it beates me to death in stock ride. I want about a 5" lift and to still be able to drive on the blacktop, also plan to run 31"inch tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 06:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: lift kits

Breeze, and Doestch shocks . Call Tim at NCO.....
Sarge
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 06:35 PM

I put yjs front and rear and did a spring over, rides nice but i need new shocks i put rancho 5000 and there stiff as hell, It all depends on how much you want to spend, I really like the TT kits for the yj springs and the spring perches, easy and no problem putting it on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 06:42 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
start with spoa, and not the fang lift. after the spoa lift everything can grow from there. i run rears up front with cj's in rear. give tim at NCO a call and heck he's right up in ohio by the beaches of the erie. Do you smell something. oh that's just cleveland.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 06:49 PM

Whoa there! What do you want and how is your Sammi driven.
If you spend 95% of the time on the highway, then a SPOA may not be what you are lookin for. Yes it gives more lift for the buck. Yes it gives twice the articulation. But at highway speeds it ain't no Porsch, or stock Sammi, for that matter. On the other hand the Calmini SPUA lift with shackle reversal is the highway cruisers dream. Good lift, so-so articulaion, eah on the approach angle, but it rides nice.
Whatever you decide, do the homework, and go with something you can live with. Do you want a trail machine or a family car?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 07:14 PM
Keyboard Implanted

my SPOA rides better then it did stock, if done correctly its a good, cheap way to get 31's on there.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 07:53 PM

DO NOT do the fangs I did them, in fact for a little while. I put them on and had them on the top hole of the shackle, and my front end is still screwed up. I would start off with SPOA, then work your way up. Maybe even work your way up to a SPOA, and shackle reversal. YJs can come later, first put the springs ya got over the axle and get a feel for it, after that you got plenty of time for YJs.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 10:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SPOA with YJ springs may be more money than you are looking to spend, but it will ride like a Cadillac. It will give you more lift than 5", though. I would recommend it, however. Maybe start off with just a YJ spring kit (I'd recommend Trail Tough). That should give you a couple inches of lift and definitly a great ride. Then you can always go SPOA down the road. I wouldn't waste any money on the Calmini shackle reverse (I hated it!). Personally, I just think stock springs in any configuration ride like crap. Just too stiff. Also, buy nice, soft shocks. That will help any suspension ride better. I like Doestch Tech 8000's. Good luck. ~Steve
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 12:54 AM

don't forget about gears if you are gonna run 31's. with 31's you won't be able to put it in 5th gear. so without gears you are gonna be pretty slow on the highway. just my $.02. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode