another chapter in owning a zook - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

another chapter in owning a zook

This seems to be a trend for me, maybe I am cursed. Last wed. on my way back home from work( 1:00am ) my GM alternator decided to crap out on me. Since I didn't know what year or vehicle My alternator is out of I had to have it rebuilt. It tokk them all weekend to rebuild it because they didn't have the right faceplate( mine cracked and the caused the failure.)

Today( wed.) at 1:00am on my way home from work the zook dies again. It is getting cold here in wash. so I turned on the heat, After awhile I began to smell antifreeze. I didn't pay much attention to it since my heater core is a junkyard replacement. The smell kept getting stronger, so I turned off the heater and opened the window. The smell never went away. At this point I noticed the temp gauge was running close to the big H. I lokked out the rear window and there was a big white cloud following me. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
I drove to the nearest exit and pulled over under a street light. Imediately after I stopped the entire area became engulfed in white cloud, so I grabed the fire extingusher and poped the hood.

Now I have to tear the head off and see if it damaged the head or the block, and if not replace the stupid gasket.
Why do these things always happen when you are trying to save money? I have been trying to save money so I can do the 16V conversion, and these problems are not helping! I just had to post this because I am finding it very amusing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 05:05 AM
Enthusiast

Re: another chapter in owning a zook

As long as you can see this as "amusing" you got a good attitude. Looks like you can get the 1.6 now.

Good luck to you and hang in there,

Jim
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 08:12 AM

Like the saying goes, "when it rains, it pours". Seems like these overheating and busted fanbelt type problems always happen in cold weather. Just the time you hate working on them the most! Try not to be too disheartened. Things will get better. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 08:17 AM

heck i built my motor with the help of a friend my first motor or bottom end at least as it turned out it should have been bored out and had the pistons replaced so i ended up with a loose engine wit a pro rebuilt head it also had a new crank and bearings but wasnt decked about 2000 miles blew the haed gasket since this motor wasnt right i had gotten another a 1298 this time but the head was shot so apart it came this one was a lo milage motor that had sat and got water in the valve cover it had some scoring on a crank bearing so i got that cleaned up about 2000 miles later the oil pump failed and i spun a rod bearing a 4 wheel run was in 2 days so i pulled the guts out of the first motor a 1324 and put the crank conecting rods pistons and oil pump basically everything from the inside of that motor in the 1298 block since it was all freshly machined and the other one was warped so i used the good parts from each motor i am getting close to the 2000 mark again and i am beginning to worry i originally was hoping for this motor to last the weekend so i guess even if it does fail i am still ahead
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 08:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your engine knows you're going to replace it. It's punishing you for that. It's like a girlfriend that you're going to dump, and she finds out before you get around to the deed - look out! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode